Go Back   RO Empire Forums > Ragnarok Online > Quests/Guides
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2005, 07:34 PM   #1
Honky Tonk
Succubus

Default Guild Emblem Creation Guide

Guild Emblem Creation Guide Version 1.5.4
Created by XpsypieX
“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime.” - Unknown

Index ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legend of the Index:
[text] means a short cut for Adobe PS

Understanding the Emblem ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) This is a 24x24 pixel Image. It is not a 10000x10000 high quality image, or a 200x200 image. Shrinking anything down will look like ****, usually.

2) You have to start small, Making the emblem big then shrinking it will not work.

3) Pixel text is the best, using some font, and the adobe text edit thing will not work, you must draw the text your self.

4) When shrinking works:
....A) When it is something that will fill the whole 24x24 space (abstract)
........1) Or if you want to make a 1 pixel border, like a rectangle and the rest transparent.
....B) When you don't need transparencies, and not using a border
....C) When you have a background like in my example.
....D) When you are a Master Emblem Maker like me. Somethings I can't do.

What you need -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make emblems as well as I do, Adobe Photoshop is required to do so, and for this guide.

Your other possibilities for making an emblem are MS Paint. A simple image editing program that comes default with most Windows OS. To start MS Paint in windows go to start>run. type mspaint and hit enter. The rest of this guild does not support the use of MS Paint.

The Steps-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Open adobe photoshop. Once open go to file > new [ctrl+n]

2) Img 24x24 pixels big.

3) Now that we have a new small image ready to be worked with, remove that crap in the top left of the canvas (if it is there). [alt+h]. Color the img in with the transparent color for RO. FF00FF is the hex code for it. Use the paint bucket tool on the background layer to do this.

4) Make a new layer. [ctrl+shift+n]. Hit enter. This will be the layer for your white triangular border.

5) now that we have the new layer. select the pencil tool. From the tool menu. If you see a paint brush instead of a pencil click and hold.

6) Use the navigator to enlarge your image, typing in 1600% or dragging the scroll to the left.

7) Like before to change the color to FF00FF, change it to white FFFFFF. Hit Ok and close the box. Start drawing a small rectangle with the pencil tool. Hold shift to make a straight line. Make sure the pencil's brush size is 1px.

8) After you have your rectangle you'll need to color the top and bottom of the image with that FF00FF hot pink. it should look like this. (right now you probably have a layer called "background" that is filled with hot pink. You should trash that layer and be working with "layer1." Layer 1 has the white box/rectangle in it.)

9)find a stock photo, i suggest "google's image search". Im looking for some.. apple pie! Im going to use this image

10)Now that we have found our stock photo, copy it by right mouse clicking and going to copy.

11)To paste the pie into the 24x24 image so that we can work with it, zoom out, the way you zoomed in(see step 6). 100% will be fine. Paste the pie image, [ctrl+v]
11a)now use [ctrl+t], the short cut for free transform.
11b)click a corner of the box that became visible (your mouse should change into while over the corner), hold shift and and drag it inward (holding shift keeps it proportional). When done the pie should be about the same size as the image. Hit enter.

12)Click and drage the pie layer below the white rectange layer.

13)You should now see what is shaping up to be a nice emblem. Now all you need is some "pie" text. Make a new layer and hit [d] to reset the color pallet.

14)Zoom in to 1600% on the new layer. Draw a pixel PIE with the pencil tool.

14a)Give it a white border after you do the black PIE. To give the pie text a white border, make a new layer and drag it below the layer that the black "PIE" text is on. Then using the pencil tool, and making sure the color is white fill in the area behind the black "PIE" text. Just draw that white right on there.

15)Click the move tool, then use the up, left, down, right arrow keys nudge the pie text around. I decided bottom left for mine. It's up to you where text should go.

16)You are pretty much done at this point. To save it as a 8 bit bmp. go to image > mode > index color. This will flatten the image and reduce it to 8bit. make sure you save it as a psd before you do this (Saving it as a psd before flattening is so you can go back and edit it really easy).

17)Go to file > save or hit [ctrl+s]. Drop down the "Format:" box and select "BMP."
\

18) Test it out in RO.

Tips ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast
This will brighten and make your images stand out more. Make sure you are not on a layer that has the FF00FF pink color. Using this tool on that layer will effect the transparency in RO( itwill make it not transparent)

Image > Adjustments > Color balance [ctrl+b]
This will let you change the image's color. This tool works really well. If the image isn't color you want repeat the process. Same warning: don't use this tool on a layer containing FF00FF.

Use this?

or these fonts

http://pixelfonts.style-force.net/

Final Note------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If something doesn't make sense, Post and I'll try and help.
I can't spell, I don't pretend to. I am sure there are 50+ errors. Don't tell me unless it changes the the perception of the directions.
If I didn't cover something you can't do and you need help doing, post.
I'll up date this as I see fit.

Credits------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Made by: XpsypieX
Product: Adobe Photoshop
Reason: Fat n00b people that can't do it their selves
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (22.3 KB, 341749 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (34.3 KB, 294845 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (83.2 KB, 295211 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (34.5 KB, 281734 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (47.8 KB, 279798 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (25.8 KB, 277908 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (14.9 KB, 277217 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (22.0 KB, 275642 views)
File Type: jpg 9.jpg (21.0 KB, 272538 views)
File Type: jpg 10.jpg (28.1 KB, 271754 views)
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (34.1 KB, 270537 views)
File Type: jpg 12.jpg (14.3 KB, 268538 views)
File Type: jpg 13.jpg (29.0 KB, 263708 views)
File Type: jpg 14.jpg (25.0 KB, 269094 views)
File Type: jpg emblem.jpg (10.0 KB, 292362 views)
File Type: bmp letters.bmp (2.8 KB, 268638 views)

Last edited by Honky Tonk : 04-26-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Honky Tonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 07:03 AM   #2
Leroux
Almost Immortal

And up you go!

Yellow and Black
Leroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 07:07 AM   #3
Honky Tonk
Succubus

YAYAYAYA!! CHEERS!!!!! YAYAYAY!!! Thanks Leroux!!!!!
Old 08-10-2005, 09:17 AM   #4
DeathAgain
秋本一真

Character(s):
1. Kazuki Akimoto 7x/4x Nat. Crit Sin
2. Kurei Akimoto 9x/6x Sniper
3. Zeke 8x/5x MvP Wizard
4. Asakura 5x/4x FS Acolyte
5. Mosuke 5x/4x Pure Forger Blacksmith

Send a message via AIM to DeathAgain Send a message via MSN to DeathAgain

Thanks now i can create my own emblems

Japanese Name: Akimoto Kazuma
Why run from death when death has already caught you?
DeathAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 04:34 PM   #5
DancerofLuck4
Where Cows Fly-

Character(s):
1. See Signature

Send a message via MSN to DancerofLuck4
Wink

great guide! espically for me cause thats the program i use /heh

The Novice Who Wanted to be a Kafra
Signature Making Service

Alli's People:
DancerofLuck4-FS Dancer
SinofLuck4-Baby Assassin
MerchofLuck4-Battle Merchant
KnightofLuck4-Spear Swordie
HunterofLuck4-WoE Hunter

Current Goal:
Get my spear swordsman to a knight.
DancerofLuck4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 04:05 AM   #6
Doku
Dark emperor

Nice guide for making emblem it all we need to downloads the photoshop from website it free.
Doku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 06:20 AM   #7
taibbq
Novice

11)Paste it into the 24x24 image. zoom out, the way you zoomed in. 100% will be fine. Paste the pie image, [ctrl+v]
11a)now go to [ctrl+t] the short cut for free transform.
11b)click a corner, hold shift and and drag it inward. When done the pie should be about the same size as the image. Hit enter.

Hey i don't get it from 11 and on.. You say Paste it into the 24x24 image which is the rectangle with pink top and bottum? Or a new image that is 24x24? After that, you say paste the pie image again? Where do i paste it..

Well thanks for the guide.. its really helpful after all, its the first one i've seen
taibbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 09:42 AM   #8
Honky Tonk
Succubus

"...Paste it into the 24x24 image which is the rectangle with pink..." Yes, that one.

I think it is clear "... into the 24x24..." there is only one this size. I was restating to paste with the shortcut for paste in windows OS. I'll make it less confusing now.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:09 PM   #9
sugarcookie
Novice

Character(s):
1. LeiMing
2. ~*Alexiel*~
3. ~shas~

Send a message via MSN to sugarcookie

What about those emblems with the clear bg, something to do with RGB settings? I dont know how to do that >.<
sugarcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 08:10 AM   #10
Honky Tonk
Succubus

hum, the color for the see through is #ff00ff, and to make the emblem 8 bit.. you need to change the RGB settings to index. its image > mode > index color. that should flatten and reduce the image file size.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:19 PM   #11
sugarcookie
Novice

Character(s):
1. LeiMing
2. ~*Alexiel*~
3. ~shas~

Send a message via MSN to sugarcookie

Thanks heaps ^^ The guild logo before looked really crap, hopefully it looks a lot better now teehees.
sugarcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 04:00 PM   #12
XdarkheartzX
Novice

Great guide dude.

Got a problem in pasting pics, though.

Does the size of the pic matters? Cause im pasting 205x264 pic and it fills in with black. I also went to the google sit to find your apple pic, to test it out. But, it gives portion of the pie in large size.

If it is the paste problem, all i did to the pic is copy and ctrl+v to the layer.
XdarkheartzX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 04:22 PM   #13
Honky Tonk
Succubus

hum if you keep reading it tells you how to fix the problem you are having.

see step 11 through 11b
Old 10-15-2005, 04:23 PM   #14
UrbanKilla
Novice

this is like the best emblem guide i have ever seen so far!! thnx fior making this guide!keep it up!
UrbanKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 12:28 AM   #15
InfernoSin
Priest

Character(s):
1. Preist, 63
2. Sin, 62
3. Theif, 25

Wow, this is by far the best Emblem guide i've seen ; Thanks for making it. It REALLY helped. No more rubbish old Paint ones for me
InfernoSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 01:22 PM   #16
hobomann
DEATH SIN

Character(s):
1. [~ACHILLES!]lvl 55 sin
2. NONE YET
3. NONE YET

Default ....

kool!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpsypiex
"...Paste it into the 24x24 image which is the rectangle with pink..." Yes, that one.

I think it is clear "... into the 24x24..." there is only one this size. I was restating to paste with the shortcut for paste in windows OS. I'll make it less confusing now.

kool kool!
Old 10-29-2005, 05:00 PM   #17
wordisbond
Word is Bond

great guide, one question though

im making a emblem w/ a clear all ff00ff background, and for the foreground layers i use the magic wand tool to shape it out and pink up around it, but i still have a pink border around all my images in RO so i mustve missed by a pixel or so, i tried to use a square brush to pink up the missed parts but its kind of a hard shape to do and i still end up with pink along with a kind of messed up shaped mvp logo XD

any tips or tricks for this?
wordisbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 05:37 PM   #18
Honky Tonk
Succubus

the image you want as your emblem, duplacate the layer like 20 times, then merge them all together. that should solidify any see throughish pixels. delete the ones that are still seethroughish, they will combine with the ff00ff color thus making pink border if you dont.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:22 PM   #19
wordisbond
Word is Bond

will do, thanks for tips ^ ^, if that doesnt work then f it, ill just make a square background and try to play ti off XD
wordisbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 02:17 AM   #20
~.UranuS.~
Novice

the emblem is already ready but when i selected it in the guild info...

the system said that it needs an 8 bit color blahblah

the option down to 16 bit color blah blah

what shall i do? pls help
~.UranuS.~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 03:30 AM   #21
Honky Tonk
Succubus

@ ~.UranuS.~, before you save it as a bmp. go to Image>Mode>Index Color. Also see step 16

Last edited by Honky Tonk : 10-30-2005 at 04:01 AM.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:16 PM   #22
lord_thrashed
Poring

hi im still not that pro with adobe... and i was thinkin of creating an emblem out of an image i got from a wall paper... its too big for an emblem so i would want to reisize it without having the image distorted and preserving all the details from the original image.... can any1 help me out with this?
lord_thrashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 04:41 PM   #23
Honky Tonk
Succubus

I can. It depends on wal paper size. Cause... If you shrink something from 1000+px to 24px it WILL look like ****.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:04 AM   #24
Kyuusai
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_thrashed
hi im still not that pro with adobe... and i was thinkin of creating an emblem out of an image i got from a wall paper... its too big for an emblem so i would want to reisize it without having the image distorted and preserving all the details from the original image.... can any1 help me out with this?
ahh.. i can say how to do that , but i dont think u'll be glad with result , cuz it will look like cr*p XD

ok let's start

pick your move tool ( or press V )
on top of screen u can see text : show transform controls ( click on little box XD )
now press ctrl + - (few times. XD )
and u can see some dots. hold
hold corner dot and hold shift. resize it.

hope i helped u XD
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 04:46 AM   #25
NatJay
Poring

I have my emblem made and all set, but how do I add it to RO? I click on the "edit" button in the guild menu and it doesn't do anything. What's the steps to putting the guild emblem on RO?
NatJay is offline   Reply With Quote