RO Empire ForumsRO Empire Forums  
UK Web Hosting

Go Back   RO Empire Forums > Jobs > Archer/Hunter/Bard/Dancer > Archer/Bard/Dancer
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2005, 05:21 AM   #1
SilverStreak12
Amon Ra

Character(s):
1. 94/64 Champion Semi-Retired(Bios plox)
2. 85+/50 SW/SG/MS Dex Wiz in progress
3. 9x/50 Armor Eating WoE Alchemist
4. Lalalala I've quit everything!

Default Crazy pure woe minstrel build?

Posting this for my cousin who should hit 99 on his bard in about a month if he ever gets off his lazy bum...

2+14 str
1+25 agi
98+2 vit
28+15 int
99+61 dex pvm 99+58 woe (drooping kitty rather than aoa)
1+4 luk
10951 hp with just verit boots, 1165 sp with just verits
with 100 vit it gives him the lovely status immunity that everyone covets

or

His other build would look like this
2+18 str
1+25 agi
87+2 vit
50+15 int
99+61 dex pvm...
1+4 luk
10348 hp with just verits, 1344 sp with just verits
Big difference between the two is the status immunity that you get with the 100 vit.
What do you think?
SilverStreak12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 07:58 AM   #2
normznormz
Sage-Ko-To

90 vit makes you 95% immune to statuses. if ever u get stunned, ul recover in less than a second. just my idea
Old 08-05-2005, 10:04 AM   #3
FATALx420engel
Troll Banned

Character(s):
1. Absolute Terror - Vit/Spear Knight [AB] ... -RETIRED-

Not to mention 100 vit gives u 100% immunity to stun and poison. You'd be able to walk thru Venom Dust and never get poisoned. I wouldn't personally get 100 vit for the Stun, because being stunned for less than a second is as good as not getting stunned. But Venom Dust is bad. Eats up your hp, no hp/sp regen, and decreased DEF.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:52 AM   #4
DJE830
Crazy Mob Failure

Character(s):
1. ~Bizi~ Dex/Int SG/SW Wiz
2. Nimbly FS Priest

Send a message via AIM to DJE830

How would he get stunned when you can't even do activated abilities in the CP field?
Old 08-05-2005, 12:12 PM   #5
aldoteng
Mmm Oooh yeeah uh

Character(s):
1. Workin' at the car wash, yeah
2. Oooo do do dodo ooooooo
3. clap, clap clap clap clap aaah

DJE, you could have Dagger Sins with stun weaponry... AGI Knights with stun weaponry... Smiths with stun weaponry... etc. etc. etc.

Silver, I don't think it's a crazy Minstrel build; as long as he has high DEX, he'd find levelling manageable.

Book 05; LEO. In the search for the Runes in Midgar, the land of Chocobos and Moogles, Elios appreciates something unexpected while Aldo meets someone hes been thinking about. Meanwhile, they merge forces with Leo, the gutsiest and fieriest Sun Child yet.
aldoteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 03:28 PM   #6
Eos Rododactylus
Thara Frog

UM.

Your hp ratio is calculated wrong.

These are my planned stats.

STR 22+8
AGI 15+15
INT 47+5
VIT 78+2
DEX 99+51
LUK 1+4

With Tights of Ares and Boots of Fire Lock Soldier I shall have 11011 HP and 1449 sp (Wise Sunnies). I do not know which gears are you planning to get, but a Minstrel with 100 VIT, Tights of Ares and Matyr Boots should have 12168 HP, not 10k. If I were you I should get less VIT. As many had replied, getting stunned by less than a second is as good as not being stunned at all. You want it for your Classical Pluck? Not a problem. With 80 VIT, every status inflicted lasts for less than .3 seconds, meaning that you can Encore the CP almost instantly. Remember that as an advanced build, you cannot make any mistakes on your build. I'd opted for more INT to improve Strings and to boost Arrow Vulcan crazily, which will be main levelling method. Add to that the damage made by Jupitel Thunder will be good.
Eos Rododactylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 02:06 AM   #7
deadlyasshole
Malufet na Bard

Send a message via Yahoo to deadlyasshole

sine eos posted his planned stats, i want you people to rank it my planned stat for my future 99 minstrel (just waiting for rebirt here in pRO):

STR 33 + 8 = 41
AGI 2 + 14 = 16
VIT 93 + 2 = 95
INT 26 + 5 = 31
DEX 99 + 51 = 150
LUK 1 + 4 = 5

Without any buffs of priest

Equips:
Upper head:Apple o Archer (help obtain 150 dex)
Mid head: Binoculars (when equiped final dex 151)
Armor: Tights[1]
Accesory: 2 nimble gloves

pleae rate it from 1 to 5.

Caculator i used can be found at:
http://www.ro-guardians.com/calc/

Many has been offended to my user name and signature so i change my signature "sorry for people i offended", thank you for the people giving concern.~_^
deadlyasshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 04:58 AM   #8
SilverStreak12
Amon Ra

Character(s):
1. 94/64 Champion Semi-Retired(Bios plox)
2. 85+/50 SW/SG/MS Dex Wiz in progress
3. 9x/50 Armor Eating WoE Alchemist
4. Lalalala I've quit everything!

Eos did I say that he was going to use matyr boots? Did I say he was using Tights of Ares? No he's going to be using fledged boots and Unfrozen tights during WOE. And I was under the impression that firelock soldier cards went in weaponry... If this isn't so, could you direct me to the place where you found an accurate description?

Anyways you do bring up a valid point about 80 or more vit.

Also what are you talking about with arrow vulcan... How does int effect damage at all?

More tests shall be done and more things shall be changed I'm sure...
SilverStreak12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 05:08 AM   #9
aldoteng
Mmm Oooh yeeah uh

Character(s):
1. Workin' at the car wash, yeah
2. Oooo do do dodo ooooooo
3. clap, clap clap clap clap aaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyasshole
STR 33 + 8 = 41
AGI 2 + 14 = 16
VIT 93 + 2 = 95
INT 26 + 5 = 31
DEX 99 + 51 = 150
LUK 1 + 4 = 5

Without any buffs of priest

Equips:
Upper head:Apple o Archer (help obtain 150 dex)
Mid head: Binoculars (when equiped final dex 151)
Armor: Tights[1]
Accesory: 2 nimble gloves
I don't like to rate people's creations >< I'll just comment.

Your build is great except for these few doubts:
- Why 31 INT instead of 30 INT or 36 INT?
- If equipping the Binos would give you 151 DEX, why not drop your base DEX to 98 instead?

Book 05; LEO. In the search for the Runes in Midgar, the land of Chocobos and Moogles, Elios appreciates something unexpected while Aldo meets someone hes been thinking about. Meanwhile, they merge forces with Leo, the gutsiest and fieriest Sun Child yet.
aldoteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 05:24 AM   #10
StEaDy
just plain steady

Character(s):
1. Vit Dex Agi Str Paladin
2. Str Int Dex Champ
3. Dex Str Int Champ
4. Gank Rogue
5. Agi Alchemist

Sorry was thinking of something else. If you plan on doing WOE, I would settle for the a little bit less dex instead of having to rely on an AoA and bino for to hit your bonuses. I still prefer def given the amount of nerfs for WOE damage anyway.

Last edited by StEaDy : 08-06-2005 at 05:39 AM.
StEaDy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 07:48 AM   #11
Eos Rododactylus
Thara Frog

Silver Streak you did not mention the Gears, and as you were putting 10k HP I thought you'd go for HP gears. It's true, Verit Boots are better. Unfrozen Armor is a must on WoE. The solution, in my case, is to include Rosaries of Spore, which give +6 MDEF and +4 VIT, as well as Quadraple Vital Knives/Triple Vital Instrument, just to survive the enemy precast.

Arrow Vulcan damage is no way improved by INT, but as the levelling on a trasncendent character is painfully, I suggest getting more than 30 INT. Perhaps as a Bard/Dancer who levelled by DS'ing all the way, 30 INT would be enough, but not neccesarily as a Minstrel/Gypsy. You benefit a lot from getting a little more on INT (Let's also remember to leave the final INT stat on a multiple of 6): It boost the damage of Jupitel Thunder, grants you with more SP to burn Arrow Vulcan on Levelling or when singing songs on WoE. It also allows you to spam Frost Joke. Yes, maybe 50 INT is too much, but considering the other useful stats (DEX, VIT, STR, AGI in that order) I opted for INT. AGI becomes somehow useless (after all you are not using Double Strafe for levelling). STR is to carry more stuff, mainly on WoE. 80 VIT is enough. Of course, this is just my build. You can modifiy it the way you like it.

I suggest using the following stat calculator. It is more precise than the one listed on ro.guardians. It does not calculate the base of our skills with perfect accuracy, but it is very helpful.

http://ro.doddlercon.com/calc/calcx.html
Old 08-07-2005, 07:42 AM   #12
deadlyasshole
Malufet na Bard

Send a message via Yahoo to deadlyasshole

Quote:
Originally posted by: Aldoteng
I don't like to rate people's creations >< I'll just comment.

Your build is great except for these few doubts:
- Why 31 INT instead of 30 INT or 36 INT?
- If equipping the Binos would give you 151 DEX, why not drop your base DEX to 98 instead?
about the int, i just dont want to waste at least 1 stat point.
reason i didn't drop my agi is for me to maximize may AV also not all the times i will use the bino, i still prefer using phatom of opera rather than bino for me to increase my def.

About high ammount of STR, reason i exchange INT for STR is for me to be able to carry more pots than a regular bard can carry also the more pots you carry the more HP/SP you have (if i'm not mistake aldoteng also said that). who need INT since most of the time in WOE players is always overweight except from sp users ehehe.
prefered potion slim potion/condense potion.

Many has been offended to my user name and signature so i change my signature "sorry for people i offended", thank you for the people giving concern.~_^
deadlyasshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:52 PM   #13
Fallen~Angel
Dracula

Character(s):
1. Gypsy lv 96
2. Sniper lv 99
3. Scholar lv 99
4. SL lv 75
5. HP lv 91

Just a comment from me. I also worked a bit with a calculator, and was able to calculate some finishing stats. There is only one problem. Those stats rely on the bonus stats from the job lv.

So my guestion is: How long time do you think it will take to get job 70?

So really, base your calculations on (maybe) a lv 99 character and 60-65 Job lv. Otherwise it will be pure speculation because the chance is, that you never get there. Just the last 300M for Base lv 99 is tuff enough. Ever thought about how hard it will be getting the 200M+ job exp for each of the last job lvs?.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:53 AM   #14
Eos Rododactylus
Thara Frog

Getting the three last job levels would be a nightmare. I just cannot conceive it for now, thankfully I will solo it and doing on the maps who grant the most possible Job Exp (Like the map with Stings + Arclouses.) Speaking of that, I'm considering if I should leave my INT at a multiple of 6 including a bonus of +4, because the three last bonus for Minstrel are... not good. +1 STR, +1AGI, +1INT... not good.