2. What game genre have I NOT played?
3. http://www.gamengame.com/

Send a message via MSN to Yralyn Send a message via Yahoo to Yralyn
Default Gemstone Exchange NPC?

Anyone tried the Gemstone converting NPC in Payon? He trades the following:

* 2 Blue Gemstones -> 1 Red Gemstone
* 2 Red Gemstones -> 1 Yellow Gemstone
* 2 Yellow Gemstones -> 1 Blue Gemstone

Now the third option is simply stup!d in my opinion, since you can buy the Blue Gemstones in Geffen. However, since there are no NPCs that sell Red OR Yellow Gemstones, here lies a nice potential...

Red Gemstones currently are around 1k in pRO... if I could just buy two thousand Blue Gemstones (around 456z each with DC 10), have them converted, then re-sell them for 1k each, I'd get a total profit of 88k. Even better, since my Assassin needs the Red Gemstones for Venom Dust, I can easily just have the blue gems converted and use the red gems for levelling.

If red gemstones ever increased in price, the more the reason I'd make full use of this NPC...

[Best part is, it wouldn't be so hard to get so many Yellow Gemstones for Sages and so many Red Gemstones for Fire Pillar & Stone Curse... 2k Blue Gemstones = 1k Red Gemstones = 500 Yellow Gemstones...]

Yralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 03:23 PM   #2
Chloegurl
Emo Queen

Character(s):
1. Too
2. Many
3. Characters /swt

I've never had trouble getting Ygems. Punks drop them at an insane rate, and Golems seem to provide them as well- along with coal and steel.

Rgems- I'm gonna be needing them soon, because I'm rebuilding my Sin for Venom Dust, and I'm working on the second Scribbling rogue in all of Iris. Could you give me a location for him so I could try it with some DCed Bgems?
Old 07-13-2005, 03:33 PM   #3
Great Master
Bot Hunter

Character(s):
1. *secret* (sinX)
2. *secret* (high wiz)
3. *secret* (paladin)
4. *secret* (monk)
5. *secret* (humble merchant)

Woohoo! thanks for the info about the NPC in payon. But what part of payon is it located?

If i can make red gems itll be alot easier than having to buy them from every merchant i see.

The original beta day bot hunters have now retired from iRO. We have moved to EVE Online where we can enforce the law ourselves. Macro Miners beware! The Bot Hunters have come!

The Hunt Never Stops!

Protected by: BitDefender Antivirus and Comodo Firewall Pro

Great Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 04:14 PM   #4
Yralyn
Addicted 2U

Character(s):
1. see my signature

You mean you guys don't know about the NPC? Well, he's a bit east of the steps going to the palace... I'd love to post a screenie, but the pRO servers are down for maintenance. Anyone care to post the screenie for me?

He's near the kafra on the north side of Payon. Ask the guard about the Payon palace, and look for the NPC east of the bottom steps (actually got to bump this guy by accident, never really thought about him...).

Old 07-13-2005, 04:26 PM   #5
Vietbong
Rock!

Character(s):
1. Alvin York - Hunter
2. Billy Clinton - Alchemist
3. Combat Jack - Wizard

Send a message via MSN to Vietbong

That NPC is a godsend. For the first time ever, I can cast venom dust without using my entire Red Gem stockpile in 5 minutes.
Agilitous - 75 Battlepriest
Swofford - 70 Rogue
Negligent Discharge - 70 Gunslinger

VB - Checking up on RO since 2003

Vietbong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 04:28 PM   #6
Chloegurl
Emo Queen

Character(s):
1. Too
2. Many
3. Characters /swt

Thanks. Next time I'm there, I'll check him out. iRO is fixing to go down for the evening, though, so I'll have to try in the morning.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:49 PM   #7
motoarch
Smokie

I was going to say that your therey about selling these for profit is flawed by the fact that everyone can do it there by negating any of the value that you are currently seeing. However with all the people responding to your post that dont know about this npc tells me that maybe you should have kept this to yourself. After all the more people that know about this npc the less valuebl the gems are right. I knew of this npc but never thought to try to make money of it I simple bought blues and changed them to reds for my sin. That and on my server reds and yellows sell for about 700 or so, so you couldnt make a profit this way anyways.
motoarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 04:58 PM   #8
Yralyn
Addicted 2U

Character(s):
1. see my signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoarch
I was going to say that your therey about selling these for profit is flawed by the fact that everyone can do it there by negating any of the value that you are currently seeing. However with all the people responding to your post that dont know about this npc tells me that maybe you should have kept this to yourself. After all the more people that know about this npc the less valuebl the gems are right. I knew of this npc but never thought to try to make money of it I simple bought blues and changed them to reds for my sin. That and on my server reds and yellows sell for about 700 or so, so you couldnt make a profit this way anyways.
So very true. Actually the 912 zenny is what I spent on the blue gemstones alone with lvl 10 DC. If you consider that the usual selling price for Blue Gemstones is 500 ~ 550 zenny, double that, you'd get a cost of 1k ~ 1.1k per gem... which is frankly the same price in pRO as the regular ones...

The usefulness of this information would be for those times when people AREN'T selling Red/Yellow Gemstones and you don't have time to actually look/hunt for them in bulk (e.g. WoE). Just have two characters... one stationed in Geffen, the other in Payon, then start DC -> item transfer -> convert -> send to storage.

Old 07-13-2005, 07:07 PM   #9
Yralyn
Addicted 2U

Character(s):
1. see my signature

Ok, sorry for the double post, but I found the NPC for gem-changing (see attached)...

This should handle any gemstone shortage you may have...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenChaos005.jpg (108.4 KB, 2355 views)
File Type: jpg screenChaos006.jpg (110.0 KB, 944 views)