RO Empire ForumsRO Empire Forums  
UK Web Hosting

Go Back   RO Empire Forums > Jobs > Merchant/Blacksmith/Alchemist > Merchant/Blacksmith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 01:56 AM   #1
Whoodaz who does?
Whoodaz not pay!!

Character(s):
1. _wHooDaz_ (Hunter 9*/50)
2. MukhanG_PerA (P.Forger 5*)
3. _snatcher_ (Assasin 8*/50)

Default Help me forge my own weapon

ei guys i need some help...how can i strat forging my own weapons?what things do i need to have first? how do i make a v v s elemental weapon? pls help....
Old 09-02-2004, 11:55 AM   #2
Yralyn
Addicted 2U

Character(s):
1. see my signature
2. What game genre have I NOT played?
3. http://www.gamengame.com/

Send a message via MSN to Yralyn Send a message via Yahoo to Yralyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoodaz who does?

ei guys i need some help...how can i strat forging my own weapons?what things do i need to have first? how do i make a v v s elemental weapon? pls help....
Ok... let's see... there WAS a thread from former moderator Flambeau regarding this, but it was deleted (in part due to his indecent behaviour).

1. Get the stats. It's basically 1 DEX = +0.1% success, 1 LUK = +0.1% success, 1 job (Blacksmith) = +0.35% success.

2. Get the forging skills. Here are the following skills you must take in order to forge:

• Smith Dagger [3] -- enables you to smith daggers and is the first forging skill in the forging skill tree. Is needed to forge all other weapons.
• Smith Sword [3] -- enables you to smith one-handed swords and is the prerequisite for forging axe class and two-handed sword class weapons. Needs Smith Dagger (1)
• Smith 2H Sword [3] -- enables you to smith two-handed swords (e.g. Katanas, Claymores). Needs Smith Sword (1)
• Smith Axe [3] -- enables you to smith axes (e.g. Battleaxe, Buster). Needs Smith Sword (2)
• Smith Brass Knuckles [3] -- enables you to forge the Monk class weapon brass knuckles (e.g. Hora, Finger) and is the prerequisite for forging mace class weapons. Needs Smith Dagger (1)
• Smith Mace [3] -- enables you to forge mace class weapons (e.g. Swordmace, Chain). Needs Smith Brass Knuckles (1)
• Smith Spear [3] -- enables you to forge spear class weapons (e.g. Lance, Pike). Needs Smith Dagger (2)

[NOTE: each level of the appropriate Smith ____ adds +10% forging success rate AND allows you to forge a higher level weapon... lvl 1 for lvl 1 weapons, lvl 2 for lvl 2 weapons, and lvl 3 for lvl 3 weapons. For example lvl 2 Smith Mace gives you +20% success rate when making mace class weapons and allows you to make chains.]

3. Get these additional skills. These help you in forging:

• Hilt Binding [1] -- Not much use for a forger, really, but is the prerequisite for Weapon Research... a must-have for any smith.
• Weapon Research [10] -- THE most important skill for a blacksmith. It adds 20 damage that (almost) never misses, adds 20 to HIT, and gives you +10% success in forging... at level 10; simply put, either max this or re-do your smith to max this. Needs Hilt Binding (1)
• Oridecon Research [5] -- Nobody really knows if this works, as it supposedly helps with forging lvl 3 weapons... but not many bother forging lvl 3 weapons nowadays, with Sages and all... anyway, if you feel the need to forge, max this. Needs Enchanted StoneCraft (1) ← btw, this needs Iron Tempering (1)

4. Get the forging materials. A list of materials you'd need can be found here.

5. Obtain the appropriate Hammer. Iron Hammer for lvl 1 weapons, Oridecon Hammer for lvl 2 weapons, and Golden Hammer for lvl 3 weapons. While you're at it, remember to buy an anvil. Best overall is Emperium Anvil, but since Golden Anvil is 2nd best (and the best available on sale), try getting this.

Hammers, Anvils, and whatnots are available at the Blacksmith Guild in Geffen, approximately 4 or 5 o'clock from the Geffen Tower (why am I saying this to you? This is where you became a Blacksmith, right?).

6. Activate the Hammer. Double-click the appropriate Hammer (it'll be at the "Items" portion of your inventory, not the Etc. portion, not the Equip portion).

7. Select the item you wish to forge. A list of items will only come out if you accomplished #2 and #4. REMEMBER: Items MUST be in your Inventory, NOT in your Cart.

After selecting the item you wish to forge, press OK. Another prompt will come out, listing the prerequisites of the said item. Also, notice three dark circles will be visible... this is where element/very strong insertion will take place.

8. Insert the desired element. Remember the three circles I mentioned? This is what you put in them, as well as what they'll do to your weapon:

• Rough Wind: imbues Wind property on weapon
• Mystic Frozen: imbues Water property on weapon
• Great Nature: imbues Earth property on weapon
• Flame Heart: imbues Fire property on weapon
• Star Crumb: imbues Very Strong property on weapon (VStrong = +5 damage, never miss regardless of situation)

NOTES:
• You can only put in one element at a time (you cannot have a Fire Wind Swordmace, for instance)
• You can only put in one elemental stone at a time (you cannot put in more than one Mystic Frozen, for instance)
• You CAN insert any amount of Star Crumbs (1 for VStrong, 2 for VVStrong, 3 for VVVStrong)
• A VVVStrong weapon CANNOT have an element (you already filled the three slots, where do you put the element?)

9. Press OK. This is where your faith/luck IRL (in real life) will kick in. No matter how high your stats are, no matter what you have equipped, and no matter how good your blacksmith seems, there WILL be a chance that you'd fail. Might as well bring out your lucky horseshoe and rabbit's tail, and pray that your forge would be a success.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

How hard can forging be? Here's a relative list of items you'd be forging from easiest to hardest:
• normal, non-elemental lvl 1 weapon (but who would buy that?)
• VStrong, non-elemental lvl 1 weapon
• normal, elemental lvl 1 weapon
• VVStrong, non-elemental lvl 1 weapon
• VStrong, elemental lvl 1 weapon
• VVVStrong, non-elemental lvl 1 weapon
• VVStrong, elemental lvl 1 weapon
• VVStrong, elemental lvl 3 weapon (the epitome of a smith's forging skill, but has approximately 60% chance to fail... and that's with a lvl 99 pure forger with full equips).

element = -25% chance
VStrong = -15% chance
each weapon level = -10% chance

so a VVStrong (-30%) elemental (-25%) lvl 3 weapon (-30%) has an -85% base chance to succeed.

*Sticky, since Flambeau's post was deleted [personally, though, I think his was better]*

Last edited by Sephael : 04-21-2007 at 12:14 AM. Reason: clarified Smith ____ effect NOTE.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:04 PM   #3
Darkdragon
Savage Babe

I have been wonder why all Flambeau's guides was deleted. I should have saved them instead because I only bookmark them and all the links are gone now.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:29 AM   #4
Technicial Merit
Troll Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yralyn
Ok... let's see... there WAS a thread from former moderator Flambeau regarding this, but it was deleted (in part due to his indecent behaviour).

*Sticky, since Flambeau's post was deleted [personally, though, I think his was better]*

You got that right

it wasn't deleted because of my "behaviour" it was deleted by dan because he doesn't consider our war ended, even though I accepted his apology, and well, he now has "ultimate" power. It was really deleted as part of an agreement he has yet to completely fufilled that stated I would leave forever when All of my guides were removed.

IF DAN is reading this I said ALL MY GUIDES
Old 09-15-2004, 04:13 PM   #5
exorcyze
Remake Addict

Character(s):
1. exorcyze, agi knight
2. ..raistlin.., wiz
3. i.am.jack, pure forge

Oh my that's discouraging. I have a 60/20 pure forger (just tested) and ran through some quick calculations based on the stats above.

I currently have 61+11 dex and 60+1 luk. With job level 20, this gives me a current base success chance of 20.3% (7.2% dex, 6.1% luk, 7% job). Add to that Smith XXX lvl 3 (+30%) and Weapon Research 10 (+10%) and I have an astounding 60% success rate.

Now, if I want to adjust that to actually make a level 1 weapon (say a Very Strong Earth blade for novies on creamies), then we need to -10% for the weapon level being made, -25% for the Great Nature, and -15% for the Star Crumb. This leaves me with a 10% success rate.

OK, that's fine since I'm a new forger. So let's make believe that I now have my stats maxed and my job level maxed. This gives me a base success of 77.3% (9.9% dex, 9.9% luk, 17.5% joblvl, 30% smith xxx, 10% weapon research). Now we'll make the most basic of weapons that are actually sold - a basic elemental lvl 3 weapon. This means the modifiers are -30% for the lvl 3 weapon and -25% for the elemental stone. Leaving us with a 22.3% chance of success on forging this item.

Is that correct? It seems terribly low success chance to me. That would make it essentially impossible to construct a VVStrong Elemental lvl 3 weapon, since that 22.3% chance would drop to about a -7% chance.

Aside from the success chances, there is also the profit margin.

On the Loki server, an elemental damascus would run about 1.3-1.5 mil. The materials required for that cost about 1/3-1/4 of that (give or take). If you can make about 3x the cost of the materials for an elemental weapon, but only have a 25% chance of success, then how do forgers make so much money? I've also seen prices on elemental weapons dropping lately on the server, which doesn't raise my spirits at all considering the time and boredom, etc expended on a pure forger.

So I am left pondering a few things:

1: Is that truly the numbers for calculating success?
2: How do you determine prices for things you've forged (esp items you don't see many of)?
3: Related; how do you determine prices of items you overupgrade?
4: How does the anvil you use play into the chances? I hope i didn't buy that Emperium anvil for nothing =.=
5: Does anyone know if Ori Research ACTUALLY does anything to help your chances? I haven't seen any definate information on this.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for any help, replies, and information ^_^
Old 09-16-2004, 05:50 AM   #6
Darkdragon
Savage Babe

1: Is that truly the numbers for calculating success?
I think your calculation is in the right direction but I didn't check the math, althought you may also need to add the +dex/+luk from equipments and stuff. Yes, it is pretty low chance of success to forge a VVS lvl 3 weapon. I think the chance to forge that even if you are 99/50 with the leet equipments is about 25-30%. (Most of the time also depend on your really "Luck" not the luk in game, imo)
2: How do you determine prices for things you've forged (esp items you don't see many of)?
Everyone determine the prices at whatever they want. I look around to see what other people selling price is. Just law of Demand & Supply.
3: Related; how do you determine prices of items you overupgrade?
Same as #2.
4: How does the anvil you use play into the chances? I hope i didn't buy that Emperium anvil for nothing =.=
some ppl believe 0%/3%/4%/5% (anvil/iron/gold/emp)
5: Does anyone know if Ori Research ACTUALLY does anything to help your chances? I haven't seen any definate information on this.
This one no one can confirm or for sure yet. But if you are pureforger, you will have enough skill pt for this anyway.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:54 AM   #7
Blackcain
losing the bot war

http://tomcat1.s13.xrea.com/bs/calc_en.html

tht's a very good link to calculate ur forging abilities, but at most a pure forger success is roughly 27-29& chance (with full l33t equips eg: fortune sword, nimble gloves, emp anvil and being lv 99)

however LUCK (not the game, the one you use whenever you visit Las Vegas) is the most important thing

I once did 4 successes out of 7 attempts on a VVS ele lance, 3 successes out 5 attempts for a VVS ele damascus .... and also a bad spell of 1 success out of 7 tries on a VVS ele claymore....

the success is purely random but i theorize from my forging experience that a pure forger SHOULD, MUST and WILL have AT LEAST a success out of 10 tries while it's estimated a battleforger will have 1 in 20 ( a theory yet to be really proven though...)

and my question relating to anvils...

you are SUPPOSE to have an anvil on when you forge... well, supposedly...

the funny things is, I once took an order to forge a VVS ice swordmace and successfully forged it in one attempt and WITHOUT an anvil (I left it in my cart).... so are anvils just lucky 'decorations'?
Closed Thread