RO Empire ForumsRO Empire Forums  
UK Web Hosting


Go Back   RO Empire Forums > Ragnarok Online > Ragnarok Stuff
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
arrowface
Novice
 
Join Date: Sep 2006

Default Leveling after Renewal

Hey guys from what I've heard people are saying that after renewal, leveling will be easier. The leveling system from what I understand will consist of you getting bonus exp if the monster is a higher level than you, and you actually get none if the creature is more than 15 levels lower than you.

Wouldnt this technically make it harder to level our characters? Take for example.. for some melee chars it would be suitable to solo High Orcs until level 90 or something.. Since High orcs are level 5x then that tactic is no longer valid, making you fight stronger creatures now which may not be efficient for you to kill(same is applied to other classes and farming other monsters lower levels than you)?

Plus take for example.. My rogue is level 97. Having a hard time leveling as is. When renewal comes along, killing ice titans will no longer be a valid tactic due to the fact that they are more than 15 levels lower than me. What would one kill at those levels since there are not many monsters besides MvP's that are level 95+?
arrowface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:22 PM   #2
stormhoof
Midnight Toker
 
stormhoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Behind you!! *drooling*
Character(s):
1. Ryussa 70/33 BS
2. The Jizah 8x/4x BP
3. Rage.exe 73/37 sin

Default

chill out yo,

if what your saying is true then monsters will also get a few power-ups and/or levels

renewal wont be out for a while bro, so you needn't really worry abt it now
__________________
Have you KS'ed your friendly neighborhood GM today??????

MY AMAZING IRL SKILLZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

stormhoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:23 PM   #3
Haysuke
Bathory
 
Haysuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowface
Hey guys from what I've heard people are saying that after renewal, leveling will be easier. The leveling system from what I understand will consist of you getting bonus exp if the monster is a higher level than you, and you actually get none if the creature is more than 15 levels lower than you.

Wouldnt this technically make it harder to level our characters? Take for example.. for some melee chars it would be suitable to solo High Orcs until level 90 or something.. Since High orcs are level 5x then that tactic is no longer valid, making you fight stronger creatures now which may not be efficient for you to kill(same is applied to other classes and farming other monsters lower levels than you)?

Plus take for example.. My rogue is level 97. Having a hard time leveling as is. When renewal comes along, killing ice titans will no longer be a valid tactic due to the fact that they are more than 15 levels lower than me. What would one kill at those levels since there are not many monsters besides MvP's that are level 95+?

Well, first, you have your info wrong

If the monster is 15 levels above you, you get reduced experience. That's to remove the possibility of leeching.

If the monster is 10 levels below you, you get no experience.

Your best bet is to find monsters that are about 5 levels stronger than you. In Renewal, you also need much less experience to level. For example, from 98 to 99, you originally needed 99,999,999 exp. Now you only need something like, 8,000,000. Not sure about the exact numbers so correct me if I'm wrong.

That's as a non-trans by the way. Also, in Renewal, monster levels are changed. You won't be leveling in Ice Dungeon anymore, because those monsters will be for 3rd Classes. You would have to do some exploring and find monsters that suit your level.

It is in fact easier to level in Renewal.


@Storm
If he plays on iRO, he either already got Renewal or he's getting it in a couple days.
Haysuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:41 AM   #4
stormhoof
Midnight Toker
 
stormhoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Behind you!! *drooling*
Character(s):
1. Ryussa 70/33 BS
2. The Jizah 8x/4x BP
3. Rage.exe 73/37 sin

Default

*starts hyperventilating* ARE YOU FKING JOKING???
RENEWAL IS OUT/ALMOST OUT??

is it there on valk also or just the premium servers......ymir or whatever it was

i really wanna see what its going to be like
__________________
Have you KS'ed your friendly neighborhood GM today??????

MY AMAZING IRL SKILLZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

stormhoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:48 AM   #5
arrowface
Novice
 
Join Date: Sep 2006

Default

Thanks for the responses! I'll have to report back on my find of what monsters are suitable for leveling... That's weird that all the monsters will be changing. Anyhow yes I play on iro. It's coming out for the free server, valk, this Thursday.


Again thanks for the correction! It's a shame that the monsters are getting revamped, haha. But i feel like i won't have to grind another month from 97-99...
arrowface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:33 PM   #6
~Athena~
Probationary Member
 
~Athena~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010

Default

iRO Ymir, got Renewal on the 15th.
iRO Valk gets Renewal on the 20th.
~Athena~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:13 AM   #7
arrowface
Novice
 
Join Date: Sep 2006

Default

Athena, have you played it on P2P servers yet? If so how is the leveling?
arrowface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:04 AM   #8
~Athena~
Probationary Member
 
~Athena~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010

Default

No I havent.
~Athena~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:13 PM   #9
Hidden Poring
Novice
 
Hidden Poring's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Australia
Character(s):
1. LolGtfo

Default

Leveling in renewal is simple if you have a bit of money behind you, I got an a novice to level 90 agi knight in 4-5 days. The exp requirements are much lower, with 98-99 only requiring 4mil exp, compared to the 99 it used to be.

http://rode-r.doddlercon.com/monster/

Check out this website for all the changes to the monsters, levels and maps etc.
__________________
Hidden Poring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:17 AM   #10
~Athena~
Probationary Member
 
~Athena~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010

Default

I love the fact that at lv 92 I can ME dark priests and get 4~6k Exp :]

Took on Dark Illusion single-handedly the other day with NPC equips. First time I voluntarily attacked a monster as powerful as that. Pulled off 2 MEs before dying during the looooong cast. Did about 16-20k damage only lol

Spoiler

Last edited by ~Athena~ : 11-02-2010 at 12:22 AM.
~Athena~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #11
Shinko Itansha
Still Crazy As Hell
 
Shinko Itansha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ohio, USA
Character(s):
1. Sgail - Death Machine
2. Five and Dime - Coke Machine

Send a message via AIM to Shinko Itansha Send a message via MSN to Shinko Itansha Send a message via Yahoo to Shinko Itansha
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Athena~
I love the fact that at lv 92 I can ME dark priests and get 4~6k Exp :]

Took on Dark Illusion single-handedly the other day with NPC equips. First time I voluntarily attacked a monster as powerful as that. Pulled off 2 MEs before dying during the looooong cast. Did about 16-20k damage only lol

Spoiler
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. :0 Where do you get all the bgems for that? I wonder if they put in super high level sources for the three gems so people at the top of the Valk ladder don't have to suffer cut drop rates to find fuel for their powers...
__________________
"Oh, God, the terrible tyranny of the majority. We all have our harps to play, and it's up to you to know with which ear you'll listen."
-Ray Bradbury (Fahrenheit 451)

____

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com//profiles/76561197981569694/
____

Officially quit iRO on 11/06/05
The Legend Returns on 09/22/06
The Legend quit again. Who cares?
The Legend may yet be lurking Valk. Stay tuned.
Shinko Itansha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #12
~Athena~
Probationary Member
 
~Athena~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinko Itansha
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. :0 Where do you get all the bgems for that? I wonder if they put in super high level sources for the three gems so people at the top of the Valk ladder don't have to suffer cut drop rates to find fuel for their powers...
Umm no.

You can buy Bgems at the Geffen Tool dealer. And at the NPC next to the Kafra in Juno. No red gems or yellow gems though. Those are still drops. The rate does seem to be higher now. I must have collected 30 red gems in a couple of hours at GH. Seems to be the best place to get them...
~Athena~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:58 AM   #13
Haysuke
Bathory
 
Haysuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA

Default

Oh certainly not

Drillers are amazing for gem gathering.
I was hitting 150+ an hour
Haysuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:47 AM   #14
Shinko Itansha
Still Crazy As Hell
 
Shinko Itansha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ohio, USA
Character(s):
1. Sgail - Death Machine
2. Five and Dime - Coke Machine

Send a message via AIM to Shinko Itansha Send a message via MSN to Shinko Itansha Send a message via Yahoo to Shinko Itansha
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Athena~
Umm no.

You can buy Bgems at the Geffen Tool dealer. And at the NPC next to the Kafra in Juno. No red gems or yellow gems though. Those are still drops. The rate does seem to be higher now. I must have collected 30 red gems in a couple of hours at GH. Seems to be the best place to get them...
Oh, wow. I thought they removed them from the npc. Nevermind then. :0
__________________
"Oh, God, the terrible tyranny of the majority. We all have our harps to play, and it's up to you to know with which ear you'll listen."
-Ray Bradbury (Fahrenheit 451)

____

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com//profiles/76561197981569694/
____

Officially quit iRO on 11/06/05
The Legend Returns on 09/22/06
The Legend quit again. Who cares?
The Legend may yet be lurking Valk. Stay tuned.
Shinko Itansha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #15
TheSeventeenthAngel
Tentacles!!!!
 
TheSeventeenthAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Character(s):
1. Tsukasa Nishino - 80ish DA Katar-sin

Default

is the payon exchange NPC gone?
__________________
Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torments of man.
TheSeventeenthAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #16
~Athena~
Probationary Member
 
~Athena~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010

Default

No idea.
I havent been able to play, the last 3 days. The client patches, but logging in is impossible. I keep getting "Failed to connect" messages
~Athena~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:30 AM   #17
Haysuke
Bathory
 
Haysuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA

Default

He's there
Haysuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:45 AM   #18
UndyingUnity
Baphomet
 
UndyingUnity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005

Default

Mini leveling guild (only areas I know well)

86~99- Hill winds (level 94 ctrl click killing with BM got 55% per half hour)
88~99- Kolbolds (Mob killed at mid 90's, got 70% per BM)
99~120- Jup dung 1 (level 100 got a level per BM via reflect leveling. Now at 115 getting 50% per bm with triple spawn event)
99~120- Raydrics, AK, Khalz (Got 20% per 30 min, no BM. Reflect leveling with GC accenting damage, mainly for elu)

Anybody else want to add on?
__________________
Atrocity=Unity (iro loki). Made by Heavensent408 <3.

Enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzhUusIiK4A
UndyingUnity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 03:54 PM   #19
Haysuke
Bathory
 
Haysuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA

Default

95-100 - Magmarings (Ctrl+Click, or whatever skill you want)
Haysuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +13. The time now is 01:21 PM.
UK Web Hosting By Krystal


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.