Ceylon
Novice

Character(s):
1. Haname; Assassin
2. Venice Sahe; Alchemist
3. Thiala; Acolyte
4. Saveta; Blacksmith
5. Kite Foxglove; Dancer

Wink Getting Where You're Going: A Quick Ref Guide of RO Places (Updated 12/12; Dungeons)

So you know or have come to discover all of these places exist and you want to go to one, or you've been given a quest and you have to get to a certain place, but.. you don't know where the hell the place is that you want / need to go to, or how to get there. This guide offers a quick list of how to get to a certain city, organized by city name. This guide is mostly intended for people new the game, but it's possible it could be handy for more veteran players who need to remember just which Kafra lady can get you where.

This guide currently lists known cities, and is gradually being updated with dungeon locations. If you have info to add, please comment and I'll be sure to credit you for the help. I've listed the cost of using the transport, whether it be teleport or by ship or airship. Currently adding in the locations of the Kafra employees as I go, the list may be incomplete currently.

Remember, this guide lists a place and then what places you can get there from -- i.e., the places underneath Prontera are the places you can get to Prontera from, not the places you can get to from Prontera. It's possible I will add a "Leaving From..." section later on.

KEY
K - Kafra, teleport provided by Kafra Services
AS - Airship (Please note: when you board the Airship once you can land in a city and reboard the Airship at no additional cost if you do not leave the terminal or the landing dock before you reach the terminal building. So if you accidentally get off in Einbroch and wanted Lighthalzen, just speak to the boarding staff again to get back on the Airship. Also, if you're on the Airship and miss your stop, don't worry - the Airship keeps continually flying back and forth, so if you miss your stop just stay on the Airship and wait until it circles around to your stop again.)

Getting To...

The Cities:
a. Prontera
b. Izlude
c. Alberta
d. Morroc
e. Payon
f. Geffen
g. Al De Baran
h. Amatsu
i. Kunlun
j. Louyang
k. Ayotaya
l. Comodo
m. Umbala
n. Nifflheim
o. Juno
p. Lighthalzen
q. Einbroch
r. Lutie
The Dungeons:

** If a dungeon name is grayed out it means I am currently working on a) putting the directions together or b) trying to figure out where the hell it is and how to get there so I can write the directions. Want to help out? Feel free to leave comments and I'll be sure to credit you. Also: if I'm missing anything, let me know! **
1. Hidden Temple / Prontera Maze
2. The Culverts
3. Byalan Island / Bibalan Island
4. Geffen Tower
5. Orc Dungeon
6. Coal Mine
7. Glast Heim
8. Geffenia
9. Payon Caves
10. Sunken Ship
11. Turtle Island
12. Ant Hell
13. Pyramids
14. The Sphinx
15. Clock Tower
16. Toy Factory
17. Comodo Caves
18. Magma Dungeon / Magma Caves
19. Juperos
20. Thanatos Tower
21. Amatsu Dungeon
22. Gonryun Ancient Shrine
23. Umbala Dungeon
24. Royal Tomb
25. Ancient Shrine
26. Machine Doll Factory
27. The Mines
28. Somatology Laboratory / Biolabs

THE CITIES:

a. Prontera

Alberta - 1,800z K
Payon - 1,200z K
Morroc - 1,200z K
Geffen - 1,200z K

There are four Kafra employees in the city posted at each directional entrance: north, south, east, west. Only the west and south Kafra ladies offer teleport services.

b. Izlude

Alberta - 500z *
Prontera - 600z K
Juno - 1,200z AS

The Kafra employee is located in the southern center section of the map, not far from where you enter if coming from Prontera. Please note that you can pay the 600z to get to Prontera if you're in a hurry / lazy but if you're trying to save zeny, Prontera can easily be reached by leaving Izlude from the west and heading north on the map, and vice versa by leaving Prontera from the south entrance and going to the east exit on the map to reach Izlude.

* There is a large brown ship in both Alberta and Izlude that will ferry you back and forth between the two for a cheaper fee than what a Kafra teleport would normally offer.

c. Alberta

Payon - 1,200z K
Morroc - 1,800z K
Prontera - 1,800z K
Izlude - 500z *

The Kafra employee is located in the top left corner of the map.

d. Morroc

Payon - 1,200z K
Comodo - 1,800z K
Prontera - 1,200z K
Izlude - 1,200z K

There are two Kafra employees that offer the same services; one in the center of the city, and one closer to the north entrance.

e. Payon

Alberta - 1,200z K
Morroc - 1,200z K
Prontera - 1,200z K
Izlude - 1,200z K

Kafra is found towards the very top of the map, close to centerline, standing beside the top end of the large paved walkway in the middle of the town.

f. Geffen

Prontera - 1,200z K
Izlude - 1,200z K
Al De Baran - 1,200z K

Kafra is found at the south end of the paved circle in the city that you see on the map.

g. Al De Baran

Izlude - 1,800z K
Juno - 1,200z K
Geffen - 1,200z K

Kafra is in the center of the city. She's not hard to find there, either: you'll generally find her by the crowd of adventurers that tends to idle around her.

h. Amatsu

Alberta - 10,000z - Amatsu is one of the four cities that can only be reached by sailing from Alberta. If you look on your map you'll see four piers jutting out on the east side of Alberta; Amatsu can be reached from the second pier from the top by speaking to the captain there.

i. Kunlun

Alberta - 10,000z - The envoy to Kunlun is found on the third pier down on the east side of the city.

j. Louyang

Alberta - 10,000z - The envoy to Louyang is found on the fourth pier down on the east side of the city. Speak to the girl on the pier.

k. Ayotaya

Alberta - 10,000z - Also located on the fourth pier down on the east side of the city. Speak to the male fighter standing on the pier.

l. Comodo

Morroc - 1,800z K
Umbala - 1,800z K

m. Umbala

Comodo - 1,800z K

n. Nifflheim

Umbala - only reachable via the Yggdrasil Tree in Umbala.

o. Juno

Izlude - 1,200z AS
Al De Baran - 1,200z K
Lighthalzen - 1,200z AS
Einbroch - 1,200z AS

p. Lighthalzen

Juno - 1,200z AS
Einbroch - 1,200z AS

q. Einbroch

Juno - 1,200z AS
Einbroch - 1,200z AS

r. Lutie / Toy Factory

Al De Baran - Free - To get to Lutie go to the northeast corner of the city and speak to the Santa Claus there. He will transport you to Lutie.

THE DUNGEONS:

1. Hidden Temple / Prontera Maze

Directly one map north of Prontera, the entrance is located near the center of the map.

2. The Culverts (Prontera)

Go out the west entrance/exit in Prontera one map and keep heading west until about the center of the map and you will find a Kafra lady, a Tool Dealer, and a small guard station with a Guard in it. Speak to the Guard and he will transport you to the Culverts.

Note: You have to sign up as a "volunteer" to clear out the monsters in Culverts to actually gain access to it. To do this speak to one of the NPCs in the Prontera Chivalry (large building northwest in Prontera City where you change into Swordsman/Knight).

3. Byalan Island / Bibalan Island (Izlude)

Head to Izlude, then go the large brown ship located in the northeast corner of the city. Speak to the sailor by the ship and he will take you to Byalan Island for 150 zeny. The map you arrive on is shaped like a giant skull; head around either the east or west side of the skull until you reach top center, then go directly down the center between what would be the eyes, to the nose, and the entrance to the dungeon is there. (Flywinging it is possible if you do not want to walk all the way around.)

4. Geffen Tower

Geffen Tower is smack in the middle of Geffen city. Just go in, keep going straight down the walkway, and go down the stairs. Enjoy dying, etc, etc.

5. Orc Dungeon

It's possible to walk to this dungeon if you really want to, but the Kafra Ladies in both Prontera and in Geffen offer teleports right to the door of the dungeon, which is really the easiest way to get there.

When I'm feeling ambitious enough (which is a nice way of saying "When I'm not being lazy as hell") I'll include directions on how to walk there if you really want to be hardcore about it, or happen to be on a map within walking distance.

6. Coal Mine (Geffen)

7. Glast Heim

From Geffen: go one map north, two maps east. For all acolytes heading to Churchyard to level, beware of the petites, as they will mob you. Have your teleport keyed and ready. There are actually several different dungeons located in Glast Heim. I'll sub-bullet them here shortly. .... when I'm not being lazy.

8. Geffenia

In Geffen. Obviously. You can get there via the Fountain (by the Kafra, south part of the city) which at various intervals "opens" and has a pathway to Geffenia. I'm sure this is the most commonly used route. However, if you're impatient or something and don't want to wait for the Fountain, you can can also get here at the end of Geffen Tower dungeon.

9. Payon Caves

From Payon: go out the northeast exit from Payon, then head northwest up the next map, and the entrance to the caves is located about, oh.. center-west of this map. It's not hard to find, just follow the western rock wall until you get to a few idling players and a Kafra Lady.

10. Sunken Ship (Alberta)

Head to Alberta, then head to the big brown ship located at the north end of the city. Speak to the sailor in white there (not the guy actually standing on the ship) and he will transport you to Alberta Island, which is a tiny tiny island in the middle of nowhere but a good place for buying fire arrows for you archer to level on geos, and the Sunken Ship is right there on the other side of the island. You barely have to walk five feet to get to it.

11. Turtle Island

12. Ant Hell

There are two entrances to Ant Hell. You can get there either leaving from Prontera, or from Morroc.

From Prontera: go two maps south from Prontera, and on this second map go out the LEFT southern exit, and head southwest until you reach what looks like a giant spiky mouth in the middle of the desert (it's not very far from where you enter the map). Go in this, and you will be in Ant Hell.

From Morroc: go one map south from Morroc, and then two maps west. The entrance to the dungeon will be at the far west end of the map, halfway between far north and center.

13. Pyramids

Head out the northwest exit from Morroc, and on the next map keep heading northwest all the way until you get to the corner, where a Kafra Lady and the entrance to the Pyramids will be.

14. The Sphinx

Head west out of Morroc, keep heading directly west until you get to a small bridge, cross the bridge. The Sphinx welcomes you and your inevitable death. (Well, depending on your level.)

15. Clock Tower

Head to Al De Baran, and the entrance to the Clock Tower is directly in the middle of the city, right above the Kafra chick and all the idling players.

16. Toy Factory

After Mr. Santa teleports you to Lutie, just keep heading north. When you get to the next map (with the christmas trees and lights and junk) head north some more until you reach the northernmost building. This is the Toy Factory.

17. Comodo Caves

There are three Comodo Caves. Karu (West), Ruande (North), and Mao (East). You get to them simply by going out of the city in their respective directions (ie, leave the east exit from the city and you are now in Mao).

18. Magma Dungeon / Magma Caves

19. Juperos

20. Thanatos Tower

21. Amatsu Dungeon

** Entrance to this dungeon requires completion of a quest. Item gained: Feudal Lord's Permit (or something like that).

This dungeon is located in Amatsu Castle (located in the northwest of Amatsu). Go inside the castle, keep following the stairs up, and eventually you'll reach a floor where there is a ladder going up. Go up this ladder, go around to the other side of the room, and speak to the NPC there to enter the Tatami Maze if you have the Permit.

22. Gonryun Ancient Shrine

23. Umbala Dungeon

24. Royal Tomb

25. Ancient Shrine

** Entrance to this dungeon requires completion of a quest. Item gained: Holy Threads.

Located in Ayothoya, once you're by the Kafra head west from her along the paved walkway, and once you're on the next map you sort of want to head in a general southwest direction, a little north of the center, where you'll find an NPC man standing along the ledge. (If you picture this map as a donut, he's standing beside the hole of the donut, and the Ancient Shrine is through that hole. ... rofl it's six in the morning. :| ) Anyway, speak to the NPC, and if you have Holy Threads he will throw you down the cliff and at the cost of a tiny bit of HP you'll land on the map of leaf cats. Generally I go no farther than this, but if you want to head deeper, into the shrine itself, the entrance is located on the far west side of this map.

26. Machine Doll Factory

27. The Mines

28. Somatology Laboratory / Biolabs

Last edited by Ceylon : 12-13-2006 at 12:00 AM.
Ceylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:54 PM   #2
Kranix
The Last Lithonean

Character(s):
1. Lord Groghe - Knight
2. Orbulus - Wizard
3. Seishisku Yaiba - Daggersin

Send a message via MSN to Kranix Send a message via Yahoo to Kranix

One addition for your list (which is quite awesome BTW):

You can get to almost all the cities - Alberta, Comodo, Payon, Prontera, Geffen, Morroc - by way of an NPC on the left just below the Kafra in the main center square in Juno (where a lot of the guilds AFK) for 1800z.
Kranix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:24 PM   #3
Shotral
Poring

Character(s):
1. Burrsson-Battlesmith 70/40
2. Boer-GC Sader 64/39
3. J. Glenn-Pureforger build merch

Default Here's a few directions ...

Coal mines(AKA Dead Pit) easiest most convenient way is to warp from geffen or al de barran Kafras. I'll edit walking directions in when I double check. Do not recomend that method unless you can take earth petites

Magma-Located 1 south ,1 west of Juno. Middle portal on the west side.

Juperos- 2 south, 1 west of Juno. Entrance is near the center of the map. HARPIES on this field.

Royal Tomb(LY Dungeon)-take the west portal while inside the city of Louyang. Grizzlies located on here. Entrance to level 2 is located on far side of map, behind the big ruined Building.

If by The Mines, you are talking about einbecht mines....
Take the train to einbecht(200z); or walk 1 south, 1 west, and 1 north from einbroch. North portal from town.
Shotral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:24 AM   #4
Miyuki
BL Fangirl

Character(s):
1. Ko // 7x/4x Agi(?) Knight
2. Asa // 9x/50 TU Priestess
3. Yume // 8x/4x Agi Alchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoOLs4ArKaNuS
REMOVED BY SEPHAEL

Anyways correction and all that to the original topic.

Prontera - There are 5 Kafras. 1 in each direction and one usually buried by merchants, inbetween the south Kafra and the voting staffs. They also offer warp to Izlude for 600z.

Izlude - You can't Kafra warp back to Pront from Izlude I believe. I think they provide warp to Al de too but I'd have to check.

Payon - 2 Kafras.

Geffen - Kafra doesn't offer warp to Izlude I believe. 2 Kafra again. One's located south in front of the fountain, the other's located right in front of the east portal.

Geffenia - Only accessible via the fountain in Geffen. You can't go there via Geffen Dungeon. In order for the portal to open up, someone who completed The Sign quest must throw their Lucifer's Lament into the fountain.

Machine Doll Factory - 1 south, 2 east, 1 south from Juno. Only accessible if you've completed the Kiel Hyre quest.

Biolabs - Slum area in Lighthalzen. Accessible once you complete a small (point-n-click escape room style) quest. (There may be another way to access it but I'm not sure.)

mawaru mawaru <moulin rouge> kirei na hana wo sakasete
spin, spin, the red windmill, bloom the beautiful flowers
odoru odoru <moulin rouge> kirei na hana wo chirasete
dance, dance, the bloody windmill, scatter the beautiful flowers

Last edited by Sephael : 01-26-2007 at 08:00 PM.
Miyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:09 PM   #5
spld97
DreadfuL's 99

Character(s):
1. DreadfuL - LvL 99/70
2. Super Dread - LvL 5x/4x
3. ~ Farrah ~ - LvL 90/5x
4. Mai-Chan - LvL 5x/3x

Send a message via Yahoo to spld97

uhm.. in prontera there are 6 kafras right?

north, east, west, south then the one that's
mobbed with merchant classes and the one
that warps to izlude..

right?

"Oh, you dropped something"

"What?"

"Your face"

I need some LOVE!!

Give to me baby, (Uh-huh, Uh-huh)

Old 02-12-2007, 09:20 AM   #6
Draciolus
Honour is Life

Character(s):
1. Lord Draciolus (8x/50 Custom Knight)
2. LordDragon(56/23 ForgeSmith)

Send a message via MSN to Draciolus

Yes there are 6 Kafra in Pront(if you count the Dungeon Teleport Kafra).
North(no Warps)
East(no warps I can remember)
South(Izlude600z,Geffen1,200z;Morroc1,200z;OrcDung eon1,700z;Alberta1,800z)
Mid-South(Same as south)
West(not sure about warps)
Dungeon Teleport Kafra(where the road leading to middle(from south) goes east and west also)

Those are all the Kafra in Pront.
Draciolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:51 AM   #7
necromicon
its NOT necronomicon

Character(s):
1. 'Tetsuo` 9x/50
2. *~tsukasa~*
3. ~:Subaru:~
4. Togakure Daisuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draciolus
Yes there are 6 Kafra in Pront(if you count the Dungeon Teleport Kafra).
North(no Warps)
East(no warps I can remember)
South(Izlude600z,Geffen1,200z;Morroc1,200z;OrcDung eon1,700z;Alberta1,800z)
Mid-South(Same as south)
West(not sure about warps)
Dungeon Teleport Kafra(where the road leading to middle(from south) goes east and west also)

Those are all the Kafra in Pront.
pront kafra 7) lower south-east pront (former swordy guild? the one spld97 mentioned) warps only to izlude.

pront kafra´s) only north has no warps

izlude-alberta alternative boat 250z (a bit to the right from the sailor with byalan/alberta near the benches)

Last edited by necromicon : 02-13-2007 at 01:57 AM.
necromicon is offline   Reply With Quote