1. Ramen Wizard 91/50 Wiz
2. Ramen Priestess 80/49 ME/TU Priest

Send a message via MSN to Motoki Send a message via Yahoo to Motoki
Post A Short Guide to effective leveling for Archers going Hunter

The Archer Guide

Things that I will be adding soon.
Pictures
Skill Information

I may add a section for hunters later, but I will need to do a little more research to accurately give info.

Okay, just to start out, this is my first guide. Hopefully this will help out anyone looking for a pretty easy and fast way to level as an archer. I certainly don't claim to know everything about archers, but this is what worked well for me. Please feel free to let me know about any mistakes that I may make.

The Novice Days
I'm just going to give the basic stats that I used for now, and I'll add other builds later. I started with:

STR 1
AGI 9
VIT 1
DEX 9
INT 9
LUK 1

Just a brief explanation about this. Agility and dexterity will be you 2 main stats. Intelligence will be good for almost anything you do as an archer.
I'll elaborate a little more on this later.

I really want to emphasize this....Go through the training grounds!
I cannot express how much easier it is to go through the training grounds.
Anyway, I will include pictures later, but the first lady you talk to, you will need to talk to her twice in order to recieve a level up. Next, proceed to the room where you learn about the various aspects of the game. Talk to each person in the room to recieve free base and job levels.
Something that may not be as well known, but if you talk to the Kafra Girl, and ask about the different Kafra services, you will also recieve some levels up.
Talk to the guy in the room to your left before you enter the training field for another level up. Finally, talk to the girl behind the desk to get sent into the field. First thing you should do is die. Yes, that's right, I said die. By doing this, you will be sent back to the room you were just in, but when you talk to the girl this time, she will give you level and extra potions. This will put your potinos at about 400.

Okay, now to the actual fighting. Talk to the first guy you see in the field. He will ask if you want to fight stronger monsters. Tell him you want to fight really tough monsters and he'll send you to the field with spores, rockers, thief bugs, and female thief bugs. For your first level or two, the easiest thing will be to kill thief bugs. They give you decent exp and are relatively easy to kill. After that, you can try FTB. They are a bit harder, but if you have been pumping dex (like you should be) you should be able to hit them most of the time. Spores are also good exp, but I usually save them for a little later because they are a little more difficult to kill than thief bugs.
Just keep killing until you reach job 10.
(Also, as a side note, take a trip to the middle difficulty floor with willows, as you will need some different trunks to change to the archer class)

After that, go to the next room and take the test. Try your best to answer so that you will get archer. If you do, you will recieve some equipment, and other things. I had noticed recently on some of my new characters that if I got a different class on my test, and then picked my own, I did not recieve as much.

Life as an Archer

If my memory serves me right, you will be teleported straight to the archers guild in Payon. If you killed willows and got a bunch of trunks, you will be able to change to an archer immediatly. If not, just go 1 map east of payon and kill some willows.

Congratulations!! You are now an Archer. For the first 2-3 job levels, you should just kill some easy stuff like willows or spores.

Now, many people will probably disagree with me, but I recommend you max Vultures Eye as soon as you can. The main reason behind this is that you will be wanting to do a lot of sniping. I'm not going to say to go in this exact order, but this should work alright for you.

Owls Eye 3
Vultures Eye 5
Double Strafe 3
Vultures Eye 10
Owls Eye 10
Double Strafe 10
Improve Concentration 10
Arrow Shower 1

This should work very well for you. After you get a level or 2 in VE, you can easily start killing poporings by the hit and run technique. After you have Vultures Eye to about 5, you should plan on going to Einbroch. Right now you may be thinking....Where's Einbroch?.....but this city and the surrounding maps will become your home for quite some time. To get there, you will either need to go to Izlude or Al De Baron. I recommend going to Izlude, simply because it is a pretty easy walk from Payon, and there aren't any aggressive monsters along the way.

In Izlude, if you look at your mini-map, you will see something at the bottom that resembles a ship. That is your ride to Juno. Just talk to the girl standing in front and for 1200 z, you'll be on your way.
Just to let you know, you will need to buy any supplies you need while you are still in Izlude, or in Juno because in Einbroch I have yet to find a Tool Dealer. The closest you'l find is when you leave the terminal, and this person (Paddler) does not sell very useful stuff. When you arrive in Juno, you'll be on the North West side of the screen. You'll need to go south and leave through the terminal, and afterwards head to the center of town. When you are there, talk to the Airship Staff. He is wearing brown colored clothing. Talking to the Airship Representative will give you the option to warp to any city for 1800 z. Once you talk to the Airship Staff, you will again be on the airship. Just wait, and get off when you arrive at Einbroch.

Now you are home sweet home. Let me point out first, if you haven't noticed already, Einbroch is a somewhat complicated town to move around in. What you will need to do, is move to the Southeast part of town. There is a weapon shop there, and a Kafra. SAVE HERE. It costs to much to get to Einbroch to forget to save.

NOTE: As an alternate, you can try to lvl on geos one map north of Einbroch. Please note though, the geos seem to have a bad habit of spawning really close to each other on this map, so it is highly recommended to have Arrow Repel.

Next, just head to the south exit, and you will be in the Einbroch Fields. There are no aggressives on this map, but every monster on the map is a looter. Feel free to kill everything except the porciellos. Those little things are too fast for you to hit and run at this point. You should start getting levels like crazy when you start killing metalings.

These guys:

When you are getting close to lvl 40, you should start being able to hit geographers. So, you need to head over to the geographers map. Simply go from the map you are on, 2 east, and 1 north. Please be very very very careful while you are on the geographer map. Do not go near a geo for any reason as they can kill you in 1 hit unless you have more than 600 hp. Also, they sometimes spawn in bushes and behind trees where you can't see them, so it is good to check behind trees every now and then. By now, your Dex should be somewhere in the 40's with your Agi maybe in the 30's. This should allow you to kill pretty quickly. Also, with VE maxed, you can get easy exp sniping metalings and other monsters from the cliffs on the geos map.

Once you hit job 35, you should take some time to go get your 2 quest skills, Arrow Crafting and Arrow Repel. These skills are defeinatley worth getting. As for Arrow crafting, you may need to ask a high level friend of yours to help you out because you will need to get 41 tough scale like stems, and the only monster that drops those are stem worms. They are definitly too difficult for an archer to kill. I will put in the requireed items for both quests soon, so please be patient.

Here you can find the NPC for the Arrow Crafting Quest:
Items you will need:
20 Resins
1 Red Potion
13 Trunks
41 Tough Scale Like Stems
7 Mushroom Spores

Here you can find the NPC for the Arrow Repel Quest:
Items you will need:
1 Cross Bow
10 Tentacles
10 Bill of Birds
3 Yoyo Tails
2 Emeralds
36 Banana Juice

After you have gotten at least Arrow Repel, you can head back to Einbroch. Also to let you know, at this level, you should be able to make about 12k-15k in about 20 min to 1 hour killing metalings. Always pick up everything they drop, and try to only go and sell your loot after you have gone over 50%. If you feel like you can handle it, try to go to 90% over-weight to bring in even more money. With the loot from metalings, you can buy a Gakkung or Arbalest in about 1 hour.

Please note that most of the time, you will be soloing. Also, you shouldn't require too many potions while you are leveling around Einbroch, so that saves you some money.

Let me give you just a short stat progression table. You don't have to go by this exactly, but this seemed to work well for me. Note: Never put any points into STR, VIT, or LUK as an archer.

DEX 9
AGI 9
INT 9

DEX 20
AGI 10
INT 10

DEX 30
AGI 20
INT 10

DEX 40
AGI 30
INT 15

DEX 45
AGI 40
INT 20

This is just a rough look at how I allocated my stats. Hopefully this will help any aspiring archers. I'll be sure to get the pictures and other information up when I get home from work.

Last edited by Motoki : 07-12-2006 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Updating Guide
Motoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 06:18 PM   #2
~Kirstie~
Disco Diva ^_~

Character(s):
1. Making
2. a new
3. sig soon ^^

Default :D

Thankyou! I've been looking and looking for a progression build like you posted + where to lvl! Its very easy to read, and understand Are you going to do hunter stage aswell? Would be great ^^
Old 07-01-2006, 07:15 PM   #3
ThorTheGreat
Kapow!

I like this guide I especially like the pictures and how easy it is to read and understand. Nice job!

Wanna join Demise? Click here! =D
ThorTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:41 AM   #4
Motoki
Absolutly Uncertain

Character(s):

Oh wow, thank you for your compliments. I'm really glad that it is easy to use. I may make a hunter section once I have had a little more experience playing on my hunter. I'll try to keep things updated and make it look nicer. =3
Old 07-04-2006, 06:00 AM   #5
[saga]
Novice

Nice guide. I have been away from RO for a while, so the new info on these maps is very helpful.

Glad I found this, otherwise I would have to be dying on Mids 3 every 10 min /no1.
[saga] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:56 AM   #6
Kaiyo
Kawaii Detective~!!

Character(s):
1. Nurse Kari 9x FS Priestess
2. Karii 6x Falconer Huntress
3. Liyu 6x CP Dancer
4. Hari 5x Mage

sweet guide! =3 thanks a ton it really helped me out ^^
Old 07-08-2006, 07:00 AM   #7
Motoki
Absolutly Uncertain

Character(s):

I'm really glad that it had helped some people. I think that I will start working on a hunter section soon.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:02 AM   #8
Kaiyo
Kawaii Detective~!!

Character(s):
1. Nurse Kari 9x FS Priestess
2. Karii 6x Falconer Huntress
3. Liyu 6x CP Dancer
4. Hari 5x Mage

yeah you should it would really help out peeps
Old 07-10-2006, 05:19 AM   #9
liubei013
Got INT?

Send a message via AIM to liubei013

Nice work. Stickied.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:33 PM   #10
EvilBeavers
Į

Character(s):
1. EvilBeavers - lvl 8x DD Sin
2. AngryBeavers - lvl 6x agi/dex Hunter
3. BS in BS - 5x Pure forge
4. Foot to Face - 4x Taekwon Boy

Send a message via AIM to EvilBeavers Send a message via MSN to EvilBeavers Send a message via Yahoo to EvilBeavers

10 bill of birds is also needed for the arrow repel quest
EvilBeavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:49 AM   #11
Motoki
Absolutly Uncertain

Character(s):

That's right, I forgot about that. Thank you for pointing it out to me.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:07 AM   #12
EvilBeavers
Į

Character(s):
1. EvilBeavers - lvl 8x DD Sin
2. AngryBeavers - lvl 6x agi/dex Hunter
3. BS in BS - 5x Pure forge
4. Foot to Face - 4x Taekwon Boy

Send a message via AIM to EvilBeavers Send a message via MSN to EvilBeavers Send a message via Yahoo to EvilBeavers

Well your guide helped me get items for the skills so its only natural that i try to help you in some way
EvilBeavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 10:24 AM   #13
Chloegurl
Emo Queen

Character(s):
1. Too
2. Many
3. Characters /swt

Slight suggestion: Save in Einbech instead of Einbroch. The big reason? I like to leave effects on- for one, if a GM was to try Sancing me, I'd be able to hear it. Plus if it helps me see if a monster is dropping AoEs or something. And why do people turn effects off when they're saved at Einbroch? Because for some people it cuts out the lagfog. In any case, there's no lagfog at Einbech.

Anyway, you get to Einbech through Einbroch. The train ride is something like 200z.

Once you're in Einbech, the kafre is right by the tool shop (which is another thing missing in Einbroch, if you haven't noticed).

You also forgot to mention Leaf Cats. With close to 70 Dex, you can kill one in two DSes, which is how you go from Archer to Hunter in 24 hours or less. Just spam DS like there's no tomorrow, and tele/fwing from the Wootan. Course after doing Leaf Cats your base level will be pathetically low, and you'll need a healthy dose of Geos or Seals to get it up to where it belongs.
Attached Images
File Type: gif einbroch.gif (228.3 KB, 49704 views)
File Type: gif einbech.gif (271.6 KB, 48798 views)

Last edited by Chloegurl : 07-17-2006 at 10:27 AM.
Chloegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:46 PM   #14
Solar*
Princess

Send a message via AIM to Solar*

Alternate way to build your archer.
Just pump your dex till it's 80 or higher. After that you can add agi. This is extremely useful especially if you level in geo's. You really have no need for any dodge at this point. Reccomended job level to change at 42 - 44. 1-3 Points on Arrow Shower.
so the build would go like this

DEX 9
AGI 9
INT 9

DEX 80
AGI 9
INT 9

After it looks like this add your agi to 40. Then you can add a little bit of int. Then go back to your agi till it's finished about 90 or so.
Solar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:45 PM   #15
kawauso9
Certified Idiot

umm, that's too many points, you only get 49 to spend and that's 52 you're saying to get.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:32 PM   #16
Motoki
Absolutly Uncertain

Character(s):

THe only reason I had put agi in the build was to be able to attack faster really. However, I can't say that I'm an expert about archers or Hunters really. This is just how I lvl'd.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:03 AM   #17
jcrider163
Novice

Smile

You don't need to get off at Juno to go to Einbroch. Just talk to the Domestic Boarding Representative when you spawn at the terminal to go to the Einbroch Airship for free.
lol cant believe i wrote this in a almost yr old thread :-)

Last edited by jcrider163 : 09-01-2007 at 07:42 AM.
jcrider163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:23 PM   #18
novilin
super poring

Character(s):
1. Lost Nova,not started yet <_<

Default well

we he el

Here are a few points to be noted baby.

Well a few points to be noted here as follows-------

I dont know why the hell people take such a long route to reach the main geo leveling map,people please wake up this map is easily accessible two maps down juno, why the hell would anybody take such a long route?

Secondly if your decided to level on the best map in the world for archers please note that increase only dex,agi doesnt help at archer stage,plus youll be missing the geos a lot if you take agi.

On metalings please on the same geo map youll find another plant monster named flora kill this instead of metalings its a lot more easier them breaking your head against metalings.they hurt hard,they got mammo and wep strip.in other words it simply means that he a metaling comes near you and starts hitting your practically dead even at high levels of an archer stage.

If you increase only dex floras can get you till a level till you can kill geos nicely low dex will make archers miss geos.

Please please please go till job 50 it really helps and makes and archers have it easy.

You might think that arrow showers useless but it really helps to inflict status attacks in woe guilds especially look for hunters with this skill.

Also note on this map youll find a lot of loot which is useless especially he you bust open a somethingring pick only rusty screws and large jellopys rest all is pretty much useless and will make you overweight very ultra fast and making you in back for arrows is a pain in the neck.

If you find fancy flowers here dont sell do use do for leveling here the rest nd your life.

Future Bards please note on this map plant mons geo and flora on rare cases drop aloe and ment for gods sake please dont sell these or while changing into a bard you might need to buy 55k witherless rose.

Avoid ungoliant 30k hp hit and run he you want to try hes a tele freak and has porcellio slaves and he hurts.

Hes a mini boss spawns once a day.

Best of luck o future bards and hunters and archers

Ohh one last thing stay here till 70s its the best place in the world for archers maids may try this map but they are better at louyang migaos as geos got damn good mdef.
novilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:48 AM   #19
Ante
Baphomet

Location: Right smack in the middle of Caloocan and Quezon Cities

Send a message via Yahoo to Ante

crap... I can't believe I'm doing this again...

first off, this thread is a year and a half old, that's why the suggestions look inefficient.

Perhaps the reason why they save in Einbech instead of Juno was because Harpies spawn on a map in the way before Geos' map is.

Metallings can be killed with one DS, as opposed to two or three DSs to floras. Metalings also have better EXP and slightly better JEXP.
If you're doing normal attacks to a metaling, then yes, Floras would be better since they don't move.

So not right on leveling till Job 50, and you stated the reason yourself. Arrow Shower is mainly used for inflicting status ailments in WoE. Raising its level will not yield a humongous difference in damage (80% @ level 1, 125% @ level 10) nor will it lower SP consumption (still 15 @ level 10) so there's really no point in grinding for another week or two on a skill that you will barely use in a normal day and won't even kill a wizard in WoE.

and lastly, this particular map isn't the best Geos map, nor are Geos the best monster to level an archer. No, I'm not saying Stings.
Ante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 05:27 AM   #20
novilin
super poring

Character(s):
1. Lost Nova,not started yet <_<

Red face damn it

damn it the edit buttons not working.
got it boss

Well strangely on my non private inro server there are no harpys maybe its because we are still on lhz 10.2 patch.

(Must level my archers fast.)

I agree with rest of your statements.

This three maybe a year old but people still refer to it look at the number of views.

>_<

Pwned by ante

Again.
Sorry above double posts will be deleted asap.

Secondly let me tell you

Double strafe is a costly skill by the time you kill metalings with ds you could kill an army of floras the situation is diff if you have blue pots(costly).

Also if not 50 atleast 42 is worth it many people leave ve to level 8 which is so wrong.

Bards unlike hunters have no mob skills(unchained sucks)hunters have blitz beat.

Its just liketie mages thunder storm useless for wizards but hell as useful for sages.

Also if this is not the best map them please tell me which one is i need to level my friends archer quick.

Last edited by novilin : 03-07-2008 at 05:38 AM. Reason: posts merged
novilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:07 PM   #21
suikodenn
Novice

Default so

so when you were talking abouy ayotaya with the leaf cats, how do you get in to the tmeple were they more thrive?? i think it deals wit an amulet but how u get it??
suikodenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:16 AM   #22
TheSeventeenthAngel
Tentacles!!!!

Character(s):
1. Tsukasa Nishino - 80ish DA Katar-sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by suikodenn
so when you were talking abouy ayotaya with the leaf cats, how do you get in to the tmeple were they more thrive?? i think it deals wit an amulet but how u get it??
Do you have the Holy Threads item already?

Quote:
Double strafe is a costly skill by the time you kill metalings with ds you could kill an army of floras the situation is diff if you have blue pots(costly).

Also if not 50 atleast 42 is worth it many people leave ve to level 8 which is so wrong.

Bards unlike hunters have no mob skills(unchained sucks)hunters have blitz beat.

Its just liketie mages thunder storm useless for wizards but hell as useful for sages.

Also if this is not the best map them please tell me which one is i need to level my friends archer quick.
Hmm... overlooked this... though would it make a difference if I gave this guy a spanking now?

Last edited by TheSeventeenthAngel : 12-08-2008 at 04:20 AM.
TheSeventeenthAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:18 AM   #23
suikodenn
Novice

Default no

i said i just found out that it deals wit a amulet due to some guy in the town, so where do you do quest or get item or permiion to get down there, kuz i cant find it
suikodenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:26 AM   #24
TheSeventeenthAngel
Tentacles!!!!

Character(s):
1. Tsukasa Nishino - 80ish DA Katar-sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by suikodenn
i said i just found out that it deals wit a amulet due to some guy in the town, so where do you do quest or get item or permiion to get down there, kuz i cant find it
I almost don't want to help you.

go to irowiki.org
Search "Ayothaya Dungeon"
Old 12-11-2008, 07:21 PM   #25
jinggo1991
Novice

Default erm...:rolleyes4

lol, i build my archie with this build
dex 9
agi 9
str 9
and i'm now lvl 28 with