RO Empire ForumsRO Empire Forums  
UK Web Hosting

Go Back   RO Empire Forums > Jobs > Archer/Hunter/Bard/Dancer > Archer/Bard/Dancer
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2006, 05:36 PM   #1
Zarth
Novice

Default Clown Build Rating?

So I'm fast approaching 99, and I was thinking of a clown build.

Skills are undecided, but I'm aiming for a hybrid build.
I entered these into a calc, they might be a bit wrong
(They count IC, Equips, but no priest buffs)

2+8 Strength
65+21 Agi (This might be a bit off, haven't checked, but it should be around there)
58+2 Vit
31+5 Int
99+51 Dex
1+4 Luk (Or whatever it is. Not like it matters)

If my calculations are correct (Since I calculated HP and SP by myself)
With a Mocking, I will have around:
8435 HP (No Peco Peco)
1067 SP
204 Flee

Not sure if this is completely accurate, but it seems right. It's a bit late, and I don't feel like double checking my calc to be sure.

So any opinions? How would I do in WoE? MvPing?

Also, I managed to get a Lute[3] cheap from a friend. After testing it on a few calcs, I have found that a +6 Double Bloody Boned Lute seems to be equivalent or stronger than a +7 Triple Bloody Boned Violin. Does anyone know from personal experience?
Zarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:01 PM   #2
Kiniro
Commandoius Guitarus

Character(s):
1. ~Kiniro~: lvl 99 Minstrel
2. Father Kin: Lvl 74 FS priest
3. Inspector Gagdet: Lvl 93 Super Novice
4. Chispas: Lvl 72 Blacksmith
5. Robert Crumplebottom: Lvl 61 Mage

i'd say you'd do fine, but personally i'd lower int so it equals 30, and lower dex to 98 base instead because thats all you need base to get to 160 total dex with average dex gears.

But personally because i have a build very very very close to you...

Except my base dex is 98, base agi is 75 and base int is 25.

If you know the in's and out's of being a bard, you will do well.

Best of luck dude

Kiniro's Tale My first Fan Fiction story.
Kiniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:16 PM   #3
kaeruu
-= white lighter =-

Character(s):
1. Khri$tian - GC/Shield Sader
2. Zosimos of Panopolis - AgiBrewer Alchem
3. and many more...

Same here...don't waste your stats by putting dex to 99, as it was said, you can get the same effect from avrage dex equips.
As for the weapon, a 3 slotted lute really does have a higher maximum damage than a 4 slot violin, only drawback is that the damage range is bigger than a violin. For 150-160 dex, I'd personally get a +10 Triple Bloody Boned Violin (I have one now, just sold my lute). But it is still up to you. Goodluck on your rebirth.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:57 PM   #4
Zarth
Novice

Well, I prefer 99 dex as it means I won't have to wear Binocs, as I find not only are those ugly, but there's better mid headgear. I don't really haev any other stats for the points to go in.

How would I fare in WoE? Not sure how well this build does against Stun and such.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:22 PM   #5
kaeruu
-= white lighter =-

Character(s):
1. Khri$tian - GC/Shield Sader
2. Zosimos of Panopolis - AgiBrewer Alchem
3. and many more...

At 60 vit, you already have enough status resistance for stun. However, most clown users go over 60 vit since they use it not only for status resistance, but also for survival (more hp, lesser damage received) since clown hp is definitely not that high. So the extra stat from not maxing dex usually goes to vit, raised about 70-80.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:48 PM   #6
Zarth
Novice

So should I drop some of my other stats for Vit? Quite unsure about my stats. I think vit is fine, but I've never really WoEd (TOo much things to do during WoE time)
Old 06-27-2006, 05:14 AM   #7
shizuka
-Zen Super Noob-

do you need agi for woe and mvp??
shizuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:51 AM   #8
Zarth
Novice

Yes, since I want to be able to use a bow as well as an instrument.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:42 AM   #9
Kiniro
Commandoius Guitarus

Character(s):

finally some one who has similar ideals

Old 06-27-2006, 02:33 PM   #10
Zarth
Novice

I kinda decided on a bow, after I started out mvping Clowns who only used VA to MvP.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:15 PM   #11
milenyo
Clown/Minstrel Lover

Character(s):
1. JSBard
2. milenyo

Send a message via Yahoo to milenyo
Default In sakray

I've heard that a lot of Clowns MVP with the use of AV...
Old 07-27-2006, 09:35 AM   #12
Rika-F
Poring

agi to use bows... you should go for sniper instead :S
Rika-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:48 PM   #13
Kiniro
Commandoius Guitarus

Character(s):

Typical Mainstream.... But anyway... a Little Insight on Agility for a Minstrel...
Facts
1) You can get Flee for PvM and have attacks like Shield Chain, Sonic Blow, Clashing Spiral Etc miss you if the player you are up against has low hit
2) The fact that Agility buff's up Impressive Riff quite some compared to not having any agility at all.
3)You can attack at a decent ASPD which in turn means... Good Bow skills and good instrument skills. Disregard Arrow Vulcan due to its attack sequence being unaffected by Agi or attack speed... *However to my own personal knowledge Before the attack sequence, as you start to swing your weapon, that part of the attack is based on ASPD but as for the rapid hitting part no.*
4) If you look at things this way... *Disregard Elemental modifier of Arrows*
Ranged damage is nerfed in war of emperium to 1/2, picture using an instrument, 1.25 Normal Hits = 1 Melody Strike. Now compare to Arrow Vulcan, AV does 1200% damage reduced by the Range Nerf in WoE which now is equal to 600% so Arrow Vulcan in WoE = 6 Normal Hits. If you need to conserve SP you can and while in close quarters combat you can always resort to melee'ing it and still get the job done. Thus allowing a smart player to conserve SP.
5) You can still use an Instrument and a Bow combined while in leveling, pvp or WoE, Efficiently If you know how to use them properly with the ASPD.

Old 07-28-2006, 07:29 AM   #14
Angelmonster
Sorgat Refugee

Send a message via AIM to Angelmonster

As a Minstrel you will be mainly using Arrow Vulcan because Vulcan>DS(with less then 90 agi). The reasons Bards/Minstrels get so much vit is because in WOE if you get stunned and you are doing CP the CP will fall.

I would suggest just not getting agi and sticking with Arrow Vulcan. At lvl 65ish with the proper Dex you can go to TI1 and 1shot everything and then get to 90 pretty fast...then hit up Biolabs. If you have less then 60 dex dont plant on EVER going to biolabs.

Juvenis - 95/50 Wiz
Dr.RenkinJutsu - 6x/3x Hybrid/homunc Alchemist
Jeanne - Soon-to-be Filir XD
Angelmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:04 AM   #15
Kiniro
Commandoius Guitarus

Character(s):

oblivious today isn't it? Mind you with 60 Vit the stun time is less than a second, but with 90 vit its about still less then a second, but probably faster? Whats the difference your looking for? Have people forgotten the uses of Indirect HP Boost?

Where Str = White pots and with 60 vit 1 white pot equals 480 hp. Due to the formula of 1.(60/100)*300=480. For example if i can carry 40 white pots
That gives me 19200 Extra HP to burn with the use of White pots, now picture with condensed White potions just mulitply that by 3, which is 57600 HP to burn, now ranked? Times 2, 115200 Hp to burn through.

Also Where Agi = If you can dodge a Shield chain that just buys you about 2-3k hp, if you can dodge an EDP Sonic Blow, that buys you a whole new full HP bar, if you dodge Clashing Spiral you just saved 3k hp. You get the picture.

Also i hate to say this, but in conditions where a Dex/Vit/Int build would fail. If they were to get Soul Exhaled guess what, they can't do anything until they can either A) Get a hold of some blue pots, or B) Recover it back. There goes precious Arrow Vulcan.

As where a build that was Dex/Agi/Vit/Int would get Soul Exhaled they could still attack some one just by melee'ing it. Especially with the right weapons.

Yes sure a Dex/Vit/Int Build would do superbly in a CP setting, but does that not mean he has already taken that into consideration? Maybe he doesn't want to do CP? Or maybe the guild he is in already has a CP Bard/Minstrel.

Besides in the Lagdom that is WoE in most servers, another pro to having agility is that its rather hard to concentrate on one player just to Arrow Vulcan them, if its the castle has low lag then well go AV them, but im talking about those alliance on alliance castle rushes. Odds are you skills won't pull off due to the enormous lag. Sure i might be able to pull off maybe one arrow vulcan and a unbarring octive? Thats why agility is actually worth the points, because you can turn like everyone else into the mob of people trying to fight the other mob in the melee no man's land. Also you will be suprised on your surviability.

Also another down side to having more and more vit, other than for being a CP caster or party member. Shall I remind of IcePick, Occult and other Defense Atk increasing skills? What about that rumored card that will add OI Property after every attack?

Last edited by Kiniro : 07-28-2006 at 08:20 AM.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:08 PM   #16
Rika-F
Poring

agi only purpose is training, if you think agi is going to save you from spiral or shield chain, you are thinking on fighting newbs
Rika-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 04:41 PM   #17
Kiniro
Commandoius Guitarus

Character(s):

Other than the Fact that more than 90% of RO don't understand there classes fully? I don't think you have much room to back up your assumptions. Give me something other than Agi is for PvM, Vit=Better or Arrow Vulcan doesn't Need Agi, for arguements then I might just consider them.

Last edited by Kiniro : 07-31-2006 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:38 PM   #18
Manga
Thief Bug Larva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-F
agi only purpose is training, if you think agi is going to save you from spiral or shield chain, you are thinking on fighting newbs
Very wrong. If a clown has around 100 agi, they can easily dodge spiral, sonic blows, soul destroyeer (physical part) Lord Knights, with concentration will most probably hit. Not everyone is newb and not everyone is pro. With that 100 agi, a clown can spam musical strike like crazy. Not to mention, if he has impressive riff, hes chucking AV out the window.

Im not saying clown will always dodge, most classes wont get too much hit because most people have lots of vit in their builds. Like Kiniro said, if you can carry more pots with decent agi and around 10k HP, you survive a lot better than the 99vit clown.
Manga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:37 AM   #19
Shin.Gouki
Dracula

Character(s):
1. 9x/50 alchy - active pushin for bio(AD)
2. 7x evolved vanilmirth 1- never afk
3. 9x/50 int vit priest - dead
4. i||uminati -pure pot afkemist
5. 7x/48 pure strings bard

go 12 strength weight limit is onloy affected by base not job and gear bonus

Shotokan Style
Shin.Gouki is offline   Reply With Quote