Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2006, 02:14 AM   #1
Hellson
iROLoki: Scarllet<3

Character(s):
1. Scarllet: 9x ME/FS Priest
2. ~Scarllet~: Gank Rogue to be

Default Soul Linker, Esma Build Possibility

Disclaimer: Since little is known about these classes this is merely a Guide to a IDEA of a build. I am no where near knowing the possiblities of this build but I am hoping to investigate it's abilities upon the arival of the SL class.

Here is the skill tree for SL
http://sophia.smith.edu/~lyamada/skill/soullinker.html

Alright, so for the past hour or two ive been analyzing and going over the Soul Linker skills, and one skill in particular caught my attention. Esma, this skill seems to me like it can be an absolute killer of a skill... at lvl 10 at base lvl 99 it will do 139% Matk, 10 attacks, each to the elemental of your choice depending on what lvl of Mild Wind you have activated.... On top of this it is a secondary cast, much like the combos of a monk. So! here is my build!

In order of Importance for leveling:
Spirit of Monk: 1
Eska: 3 (this skill is going to make leveling soo much easyer if you partner with a monk friend... if you cant get a monk friend or a sin/rogue with icepick, then ignore this skill for now)
Spirit of Priest: 1
Kaziel: 7 (insta res no matter what at 70% max hp?!?! A MUST GET SKILL!)
Spirit of Sage: 1
Spirit of Wizard: 1
Estun: 7 (Also called Estern in the Esma description)
Estin: 7
Esma: 10 (This is your main skill! take advantage of it!)
Kaahi: 3/7 (this is an option, you can get 3 or 7... your choice...)
Kaina: 3/7 (this is the counterpart of Kaahi... which ever you want more, max it... you will probably benifit more from Kaina)

Taekwan skills:
Flying Kick: 7 (useful skill for leveling as a Taekwan, get this first to make your life easy, also, I am unsure but I believe this is the only kick skill that is useable by the SL class, however this is a guess since the only resource I have is a skill outline...)
Tumbling: 1 (just an added bonus of flying kick lvl 7)
Kihop:5 (take advantage of this, get a big group of taekwans together and lvl!)
Happy Break: 5
Peacful Break: 5
Mild Wind: 7 (A MUST GET! this is like having a endow slave at all times!)
Sprint: 10 (optional, but seems like it would be very useful)
Taekwan Jump: 5 (optional, but seems like it would be very useful)

Ok! So now! Onto stats! (Note! stat bonuses are unknown to me at this time, if anyone knows them I would greatly apretiate being told them)

str: you wont go very far as a Taekwan without ANY str... so I suggest you get about 20-30... 40 if you feel you can sacrifice the stats...
agi: No need for it... I say! Ignore it completely
vit: 70 should be your target... you might wish to lower this to 60, but dont go any lower than that.
int: 99... your main attack (esma) will be dependant on MATK... so pump int
dex: 30 since all of the cast times of offensive skills are fixed... so this is more for leveling as a Taekwan...
luk: as far as I can tell SL dont benifit from luk... ignore it....

Equipment:

Alright, so Soul Linkers can use daggers and books... wait a minute! I just got a breakthrough! I suddenly see the price of Bazerald sky rocketing as SL's everywhere use them as their weapon of choice!... why? +5 int and +10% matk... nothing to be laughed at when your damage is based on Matk... especially when you will be doing elemental specific damage.

Weapon: Bazerald (fortune sword + 2x Yoyo clips for times of dispair?)
Headgear: Elder willow carded anything
Armor: Since the hp bonuses are unknown currently, I suggest using a Pupa card
Sheild: Cranial, of Hell... the regular ones...
Footwear: Eggyra/sohee/Verit/matyr shoes... your choice on which you prefer
Robe: Immune Muffler... Easy descision....
Accesories: This is a tough one.... I say 2x earings, but you may want to try something else.... 2x Celebrents Mittens might work well. Or possibly 2x Yoyo cards with a fortune sword?... each are good possibilities

Well, I hope this helped anyone looking at the SL class as a possible future character such as myself

Last edited by Hellson : 01-03-2006 at 02:18 AM.
Hellson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:48 PM   #2
Lostsoul06110
Novice

Great guide I ahve to agree with the build and yes soul linkers has a really strong esma attack. I have seen a lvl 63 esma doing 11.8k. This is the damage to a migao but I have yet to know the full str of esma. I know that esma doesnt work in pvp or gvg.
Lostsoul06110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:03 PM   #3
aldoteng
Mmm Oooh yeeah uh

Character(s):
1. Workin' at the car wash, yeah
2. Oooo do do dodo ooooooo
3. clap, clap clap clap clap aaah

Hi there hi there,

I believe SLs can equip wands too, so Bone Wand > Bazerald.

I'm not a fan of DEX because it does practically nothing here. But STR ups your weight limit, very very very nice. Personally I'd leave DEX at 1 and pump the rest to STR. So my Esma build would be like 99 INT, 90 VIT and 25 STR.

Book 05; LEO. In the search for the Runes in Midgar, the land of Chocobos and Moogles, Elios appreciates something unexpected while Aldo meets someone hes been thinking about. Meanwhile, they merge forces with Leo, the gutsiest and fieriest Sun Child yet.
aldoteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 01:21 AM   #4
Monolith
Aint Patchable

sorry to bother but

Has iRO implemented this Jobs..

how to get the jobs anyway

got any website where there is a summary of this JOB

sorry for the interuption REALLY
Old 01-04-2006, 05:16 AM   #5
aldoteng
Mmm Oooh yeeah uh

Character(s):
1. Workin' at the car wash, yeah
2. Oooo do do dodo ooooooo
3. clap, clap clap clap clap aaah

No iRO hasn't had these jobs.

No we don't know how to be them yet.

I'm supposed to write an introduction to Soul Linkers, but I got too caught up by the New Year festive season. So that will be delayed. Meanwhile you can check up some info in www.ragnainfo.net.

Book 05; LEO. In the search for the Runes in Midgar, the land of Chocobos and Moogles, Elios appreciates something unexpected while Aldo meets someone hes been thinking about. Meanwhile, they merge forces with Leo, the gutsiest and fieriest Sun Child yet.
aldoteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:50 AM   #6
DSveno
Fabre

There's a rumor that the skill warm wind doesn't let you choose the element. For example, if you have a lv 5 warm wind, when you use this skill your element will be Ghost or with lv 7 warm wind, your element will be Holy. Anyone know if this is true or not? If it true....then I must give up on this build T_T
DSveno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:39 AM   #7
Adson de Melk
Novice

No, its not true. You can hotkey every single level of warmwind and then cast the element you want.
Adson de Melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #8
k3n
Paladin

Character(s):
1. Paladin
2. Asura Monk
3. Super Novice

Send a message via MSN to k3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldoteng
Hi there hi there,

I believe SLs can equip wands too, so Bone Wand > Bazerald.

I'm not a fan of DEX because it does practically nothing here. But STR ups your weight limit, very very very nice. Personally I'd leave DEX at 1 and pump the rest to STR. So my Esma build would be like 99 INT, 90 VIT and 25 STR.
I agree with you , Mostly SL more on supportive skills such as sage .
k3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:44 AM   #9
Sephiroth_Rox
Novice

Well, you should warn people that ESMA and all skills which start com ES, don't affect players. It's just for monsters, and it sux at all. Also, all skills that starts with Ka, is like support skills for you. So, soul linker DON'T PVP... HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY PVP SKILLS AND I SAW THAT I WASTED MY TIME MAKING ONE ><
Sephiroth_Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:28 PM   #10
Eowararil
booohhh o.O

Character(s):
1. quited T^T

it's true that they dont have any pvp skills..

but...

try soul linking an alchemist and have him throw berserk potions to all the guildmates.

ownage? yes it is <3

Last edited by Eowararil : 01-12-2006 at 12:45 AM.
Eowararil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:49 PM   #11
genjo_sanzo_onze
Heavenly Smite

Character(s):
1. Philia`Felice - Creator
2. Uriel - Whitesmith

You might want to add a Rigid Guard ^^ for early levelling purposes and also, try +9 Superior (footwear)

The three hardest thing to say in life:
Thank you
Sorry
and Help me

^_^

(Thank you for my friend Travis (pRO Chaos) for his drawing up there ^_^)
genjo_sanzo_onze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:07 PM   #12
aung296441
Novice

Dude nice build ya got thair.. I think I might use it when they come out in Iro
aung296441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:48 PM   #13
Kronis
Lunatic

Send a message via AIM to Kronis

Ok, a few points. You cant really do 1 DEX because you have to get through TK so unless you have a friend to help you out, you'll need about 20 to hit stuff.

Soul linkeres have HP approximately the same as wizards

As for kaahi, max it. If you only get 3 points that means you can only fight things that do ~600 damage to you well, whereas I maxed it first and even at level 70 was tanking some pretty mean stuff. If nothing more its good for MvPs who will do well over 600 damage a hit to you. It levels selectable so you can set what you need, I like having the option of any level.l

One down side to high levels of it is if a monster does 1.4k damage to you a hit and multiple of them atre hitting you your SP disappears really quick even at 100+ INT.

Kaina is good because it reduces es skill cost by a varying % based on your base and skill levels. But its hardly a necessity, you do ok SPwise for a linker. Mine has around 1400 sp at 110 INT at a\ fairly low level (7x)
Kronis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 11:13 PM   #14
entangle
PecoPeco

Considering a Soul Linker is a support class, you don't really want to be able to do much in Pvp/WoE. Saying that, with a high vit build, they can easily tank a precast with the aid of blue pot spammage. While they don't actually kill in Pvp/WoE, they are great support and are good assistants.

Also, Warm Wind does let you change the skill level. It also endows Esma too, so you can practically cast on any element.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:22 AM   #15
StarFirefly26
I stab things! ^^

Character(s):
1. Star Firefly 8x/50 Battle Linker
2. ~Fiona Belli~ 7x/2x Alchemist (5x Vani)
3. Tyrena 6x/3x Crit Sin
4. -Diana- 5x/2x Esma Linker
5. Rythen Eugea 84/50 Hunter (inactive)

Send a message via AIM to StarFirefly26 Send a message via MSN to StarFirefly26 Send a message via Yahoo to StarFirefly26

Quote:
Originally Posted by entangle
Considering a Soul Linker is a support class, you don't really want to be able to do much in Pvp/WoE. Saying that, with a high vit build, they can easily tank a precast with the aid of blue pot spammage. While they don't actually kill in Pvp/WoE, they are great support and are good assistants.

Also, Warm Wind does let you change the skill level. It also endows Esma too, so you can practically cast on any element.
That's like saying Priests or Bards/Dancers can't or shouldn't be able to battle.
Battle Soul Linkers are very good with the self-buffs. They have really great potential.

StarFirefly26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 08:12 AM   #16
Soki-Sung
Im Finaly HighPriest

Character(s):
1. Brother Lynch 70x FS HP
2. Grimorie` 9x Sin
3. Aperion Knig of Smite TKM in trainin

Send a message via AIM to Soki-Sung

quick question/ soul linkers skill work on players? i know they stun you though if you target a player, and with 90+ vit would the stun not last long. just and idea!

Embarrassing Quotes
Quote:
Dude get more STR to fight off the Bats when they come. Tellin my Mage Friend 3rd day of Playin RO.
Lets go to CT you guys can hide behind my FireWall.
/heh i dont Need Dex i got a Phen Clip
Soki-Sung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 12:09 PM   #17
StarFirefly26
I stab things! ^^

Character(s):
3. Tyrena 6x/3x Crit Sin

Send a message via AIM to StarFirefly26 Send a message via MSN to StarFirefly26 Send a message via Yahoo to StarFirefly26

It fails AND stuns you. So nope.

Old 04-27-2006, 04:08 AM   #18
Chrispy0530
Agi-Addict

Character(s):
1. Chrispy. (AssassinCross) 9x/50
2. Chrispy10 (Alchemist) 9x/50
3. Chrispy (Knight) xx/50

Send a message via AIM to Chrispy0530 Send a message via MSN to Chrispy0530 Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy0530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eowararil
it's true that they dont have any pvp skills..

but...

try soul linking an alchemist and have him throw berserk potions to all the guildmates.

ownage? yes it is <3

This is probably a dumb question, but is it possible to use this skill on an alchemist and throw beserk pots to characters in your party/guild that normally wouldn't be able to use it (exp:Assassins,Hunters, ect.)? Or it doesn't work?

Finally rebirthed
-The Fallen Angels-
Chrispy0530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:22 AM   #19
StarFirefly26
I stab things! ^^

Character(s):
3. Tyrena 6x/3x Crit Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy0530
This is probably a dumb question, but is it possible to use this skill on an alchemist and throw beserk pots to characters in your party/guild that normally wouldn't be able to use it (exp:Assassins,Hunters, ect.)? Or it doesn't work?
That's the whole point.
I think it only lasts half the normal time, though.
BUt yes. ANY class can use a Zerk when the alchemist pitches it.

Old 05-29-2006, 02:08 PM   #20
zidanet129
Novice

I tried this build out on a private server with rates 2/2/2 and very, VERY expensive reset...... With a Lv.65/39 Soul Linker right now.

Since this server I play on has the option to reset, as of right now I have 42+6 Vit and 85+20 Int (Earring + Crown + Bone Wand for the +8 Int).

Skill wise:

TK Skills (changed Job at JobLV40)
10 Sprint
6 Peaceful Break and Happy Break
5 Kihop
7 Mild Wind
5 Leap (TaeKwon Jump)

SL Skills
1 Wizard Spirit
1 Sage Spirit
7 Estin
7 Estun
10 Esma
1 Alchemist Spirit
1 Blacksmith Spirit
1 Monk Spirit
1 Priest Spirit
1 Crusader Spirit
4 Kaahi
2 Kaizel (Currently raising Skill as I level)
1 Kaite

Equips: (I'll skip the +# parts)
Crown
Sunglasses (hopefully to be replaced with something more useful)
Romantic Leaf
Hard Silver Robe
Bone Wand
Guard (to be replaced by S.Guard with proper Card slotted later)
Mocking Hood (to be replaced by Immune Muffler later)
Shoes (to be replaced by S.Shoes with Sohee Card slotted later)
Earring
(Empty) (to be equipped with Clip of Undercast (Phen Card) later)

- I got Kaite early just to spite the many Wizzies and Priests on this server...... Or hell, dive into the third wave of saders' GC with Kaite on. Planning on getting this up to Lv.5 for the second reflect.

- With max HP of 3624 (with Hard/PupaCard armor), it hardly seems necessary for me to get Kaahi over Lv.4. I mean, Lv.5+ heals 1k+ HP each time, but enemies who can deal 1k+ damage to me in one hit would probably kill me before I can kill them anyway.

- Kaizel I will probably get up to Lv.5 or 7, depending on situation.

- All the Spirits I got for supporting Guildies in WoE.

- I'm not sure if Kaina is even necessary. I mean, the SP comes back quicker than anything anyway...... And seeing how I have 1227 MaxSP right now, the +210 MaxSP isn't bad, but probably isn't completely necessary......

Note that, before I reset my stats, I had around 80 base Int, 20 Str and Dex, and rest into Vit. The damage of Esma wasn't too good (doesn't kill Increase Soil (8k HP) in one hit) back then, but I WAS able to carry more items such as Honey (our primary selection of SP recovery item) and stuff......

Esma's problem is its long casting time...... IMO a Phen Clip is absolutely necessary unless you have a competent and responsible tank......
zidanet129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:45 PM   #21
Sillbrink
Battle Scholar

Kaina not only gives +SP, but it reduces the cost of all Es skills.
If lvl 70+ : 21% reduction
If lvl 80+ : 35% reduction
If lvl 90+ : 49% reduction

Your Esma "wasn't too good" becuase it is based on the LVL of your char and not only INT.

(40 + BLVL)% MATK x per missle
Since you were lvl 65, that would we 105% MATK per missle

If you were 99 for instance it would be 139% MATK per missle

And I still have to say that Kaziel: 7 is a pure waste of Skill points. I usually try to refrain from dying when I level.

Last edited by Sillbrink : 05-29-2006 at 08:47 PM.
Sillbrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:44 PM   #22
Natureboi
D-Generation X

hmm thwoing beserks would own....
Old 06-09-2006, 11:25 AM   #23
Able NightRoad
Cain

Character(s):
1. [~]Cain[~] lev 87 rogue

Default MY soul linker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellson
Disclaimer: Since little is known about these classes this is merely a Guide to a IDEA of a build. I am no where near knowing the possiblities of this build but I am hoping to investigate it's abilities upon the arival of the SL class.

Here is the skill tree for SL
http://sophia.smith.edu/~lyamada/skill/soullinker.html

Alright, so for the past hour or two ive been analyzing and going over the Soul Linker skills, and one skill in particular caught my attention. Esma, this skill seems to me like it can be an absolute killer of a skill... at lvl 10 at base lvl 99 it will do 139% Matk, 10 attacks, each to the elemental of your choice depending on what lvl of Mild Wind you have activated.... On top of this it is a secondary cast, much like the combos of a monk. So! here is my build!

In order of Importance for leveling:
Spirit of Monk: 1
Eska: 3 (this skill is going to make leveling soo much easyer if you partner with a monk friend... if you cant get a monk friend or a sin/rogue with icepick, then ignore this skill for now)
Spirit of Priest: 1
Kaziel: 7 (insta res no matter what at 70% max hp?!?! A MUST GET SKILL!)
Spirit of Sage: 1
Spirit of Wizard: 1
Estun: 7 (Also called Estern in the Esma description)
Estin: 7
Esma: 10 (This is your main skill! take advantage of it!)
Kaahi: 3/7 (this is an option, you can get 3 or 7... your choice...)
Kaina: 3/7 (this is the counterpart of Kaahi... which ever you want more, max it... you will probably benifit more from Kaina)

Taekwan skills:
Flying Kick: 7 (useful skill for leveling as a Taekwan, get this first to make your life easy, also, I am unsure but I believe this is the only kick skill that is useable by the SL class, however this is a guess since the only resource I have is a skill outline...)
Tumbling: 1 (just an added bonus of flying kick lvl 7)
Kihop:5 (take advantage of this, get a big group of taekwans together and lvl!)
Happy Break: 5
Peacful Break: 5
Mild Wind: 7 (A MUST GET! this is like having a endow slave at all times!)
Sprint: 10 (optional, but seems like it would be very useful)
Taekwan Jump: 5 (optional, but seems like it would be very useful)

Ok! So now! Onto stats! (Note! stat bonuses are unknown to me at this time, if anyone knows them I would greatly apretiate being told them)

str: you wont go very far as a Taekwan without ANY str... so I suggest you get about 20-30... 40 if you feel you can sacrifice the stats...
agi: No need for it... I say! Ignore it completely
vit: 70 should be your target... you might wish to lower this to 60, but dont go any lower than that.
int: 99... your main attack (esma) will be dependant on MATK... so pump int
dex: 30 since all of the cast times of offensive skills are fixed... so this is more for leveling as a Taekwan...
luk: as far as I can tell SL dont benifit from luk... ignore it....

Equipment:

Alright, so Soul Linkers can use daggers and books... wait a minute! I just got a breakthrough! I suddenly see the price of Bazerald sky rocketing as SL's everywhere use them as their weapon of choice!... why? +5 int and +10% matk... nothing to be laughed at when your damage is based on Matk... especially when you will be doing elemental specific damage.

Weapon: Bazerald (fortune sword + 2x Yoyo clips for times of dispair?)
Headgear: Elder willow carded anything
Armor: Since the hp bonuses are unknown currently, I suggest using a Pupa card
Sheild: Cranial, of Hell... the regular ones...
Footwear: Eggyra/sohee/Verit/matyr shoes... your choice on which you prefer
Robe: Immune Muffler... Easy descision....
Accesories: This is a tough one.... I say 2x earings, but you may want to try something else.... 2x Celebrents Mittens might work well. Or possibly 2x Yoyo cards with a fortune sword?... each are good possibilities

Well, I hope this helped anyone looking at the SL class as a possible future character such as myself
Great build my frind got me playing the polish server so i tryed it out but anywho yea it's a great build tryed it but trust me useing a weapon for soul linker is an ok idea but your better off useing wand's(bone wand or arc wand with int card's or w/e) would be the best idea so more MATK useing the warm wind's skill to change weapon ele will give you all the extra damage you need for any of the weaker monster's you want to killl off otherwise just use esma estun or estin =3

Personaly i think that getting esma is a bit a of a wast of point's cause even at 99int lev 99 it's not as strong as you would like it to be so..yea thorw those point's into any linking skill's as people will love you! lol

Last edited by Able NightRoad : 06-09-2006 at 11:30 AM. Reason: extra hint
Able NightRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:20 PM   #24
pcoach
Novice

Character(s):
1. Jonathan Tremor
2. Hindao
3. Nakor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Able NightRoad
Personaly i think that getting esma is a bit a of a wast of point's cause even at 99int lev 99 it's not as strong as you would like it to be so..
You now, I have a linker on lv85 with 99+21 (with bless 130 Int) on a hungarian server. And in geffen guild dungeon, with a priest with lex aetherna all of the monsters die from one single esma. On lv99 it's 139% magical attack/ bolt, and on lv10 with lv7 Kaina it's only 41 sp. With bless, lex and battle chant, I killed Eddga with 4 single esma. If you are arguing about the casting time, use phen/bloody butterfly card, or use points for the skill Kaupe (one hit misses you bye 100% chance) so you can cast it in time ;D
pcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:49 AM   #25
Burning Time
Turtle Crusher

Character(s):
1. Drascir 76 OI Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_Rox
Well, you should warn people that ESMA and all skills which start com ES, don't affect players. It's just for monsters, and it sux at all. Also, all skills that starts with Ka, is like support skills for you. So, soul linker DON'T PVP... HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY PVP SKILLS AND I SAW THAT I WASTED MY TIME MAKING ONE ><
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soki-Sung
quick question/ soul linkers skill work on players? i know they stun you though if you target a player, and with 90+ vit would the stun not last long. just and idea!

It's true that a soul linker can't use ka type magic on other players. But if the soul linker were to be givin spirit of the soul linker then he would be able to cast ka type magic on other players, which in turn you won't get stuned.
Burning Time is offline   Reply With Quote