Old 03-25-2006, 10:06 AM   #1
goateagle
GanK StaR

Character(s):
1. GoatEagle
2. .Vheissu.

Send a message via AIM to goateagle
Post The Nile Rose Quest Guide

Some friends and I completed this quest yesterday, and it took us hours because we had no iRo guide to work with. This guide is all info taken from our experiences unless otherwise noted.

The object of the quest is to first collect 4 pieces of a stone tablet, then use that tablet to enter a cave. Once inside there is a mini-boss version of the Dark Priest. You do not have to defeat him in order to complete the quest, but you will get more exp and an OBB if you do.

To begin the Quest you must speak with "Old Scholar Tyus" located inside the morroc inn. Decide that you would like to help him and he should tell you to go to Prontera.

Next you must speak with "Clanux Heffron" located prontera 269,326. Tell him you are going to help, and he should tell you what he has found out so far.

After speaking with him head down to the area with the training dummies and "speak" with the dummy located at Prontera 223,82. After finding the code, return to "Clenux Heffron" and he should give you a cogwheel.

Once you have received the Cogwheel, head to Prontera 46,67 which is the tile right outside the pub. A dialog box should pop up and after saying the word "BINGO"you will end up talking to the vegetable lady. She will give you an access number. Take the number and the Cogwheel to the Prontera Toolshop and click on the "Unknown Machine". Insert the Cogwheel and it should ask you for the access number. The number is 3847147298. You will receive your first piece of the tablet.

Then head back to speak with "Old Scholar Tyus" again and he will tell you that your next destination is Payon.

Once in Payon, speak with "Grout'he Tuccok" located Payon 182,132. Pay him 10,000 zeny for his hints, and one at a time he will mark your minimap with a hint. The first one you must stand at a certian spot inside the hut thing that it leads you to. The rest of them are items you click on and are very easy to find with your minimap. Do not go inside any buildings or relog though or your minimap markers will be gone.

After finding each hint return to speak with "Grout'he Tuccok" again. After the first 4 hints he will tell you to check inbetween them. Directly west of him near the porch of the nearby building click on "wooden floor" located payon 160,129. Decide to check through the dust to find something.

Take your findings back to "Grout'he Tuccok" and he should tell you to go to the archer village. Visit the "Buddha Statue" located Archer Village 141,30 and speak with it. When presented with the choice you should choose to not kill but to survive. I cannot remember the exact wording. He will give you your second piece to the tablet.Sage Welshyun Geffen 110,200

Take that back to "Old Scholar Tyus" and he will give you the third piece, before asking you to go to Geffen.

In Geffen you must speak with "Sage Welshyun" located Geffen 110,200. He will ask you to do him a favor. Of course you accept. Talk to "Enoz" located at the top of geffen tower (the same place as the wizard job change). Tell him you are looking for "Monster Life in Geffen Area". He says that his master took it three days ago. Go back to "Sage Welshyun" with the news. He gives you the book to return to "Enoz" and asks you to bring him a BGem on your way back.

After returning the book to "Enoz" go back to "Sage Welshyun" with a BGem. His final test is a question that sounds pretty strange. I googled some of the words in it to find that it was from norse mythology, or atleast some of the terms were. Anyway, the answer is "Valaskjalf". He will hand over the final piece of the tablet.

Upon returning to "Old Scholar Tyus" he tells you to go right back to "Sage Welshyun" to assemble the pieces. After assembling the Tablet he will send you to the map with the sealed cave in it.

The hidden cave is located gef_fild09 196,57. Insert the tablet and go in to find the mini-boss.

If you plan on defeating Hellion make sure you bring a strong party along, and whoever will be tanking is pretty much required to have Evil armor on (bathory card). His Holy Cross and Grand Cross are dark property and it hurts... bad. The good news is you wont lose exp from dieing.

You can repeatedly kill this thing, so make sure everyone has one Eye of the Hellion. Bring it back to "Old Scholar Tyus" to complete the quest.

note: you can complete it without the eye of the hellion, but you will not receive an OBB and I think you get less exp.

Well That completes My guide for now. If you have anything to add or any questions, feel free. Enjoy the quest.

Last edited by goateagle : 04-06-2006 at 08:57 PM.
goateagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:09 AM   #2
goateagle
GanK StaR

Character(s):
1. GoatEagle
2. .Vheissu.

Send a message via AIM to goateagle

For a more in-depth guide look here: http://forums.roempire.com/showthread.php?t=120159

I just wish I would have had her guide when I did the quest.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:44 AM   #3
Anubis~
Hybrid Champion

Character(s):
1. Aramis~ - Champion 9x/6x
2. Anubis- - ME Priest 93/50
3. Arthas~ - Lord Knight 7x/4x

What is the eye of helion used for?

Author of: Anubis's Guide to Building a Monk

What is the Sign? Well do the Quest first...
Anubis~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:04 PM   #4
Shadow's_Incarnate
Perversion!! <3

Character(s):
1. Avatar of Chiaroscuro-6X/3X Sage-[<3 Heaven's Drive]
2. The Budding of Night-6X/3X DD Sin-[Still needs a mocking]
3. ~[]Satanic Blade[]~-3X/2X OC/DC Slave-[Last Job 'till Max OC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis~
What is the eye of helion used for?
Nothing. Just, if you have it in your inventory when you finish the quest, it'll disappear and you get some more EXP and an OBB.

~Budding
Shadow's_Incarnate is offline   Reply With Quote